~120~

Chris POV

I watch from my spot in the back, seeing both mine and Demi's mother walk down the aisle together with Scott in the middle of them. Ethan stands next to me, shuffling his own feet around as he's really just ready for the actual party afterwards.

However, no one but myself, Megan and Scott have any ideas about the reception. How we've managed to keep it that way, I'm not sure, but they are the two that have kept most of my life's secrets over the years so they're pretty use to it by now.

Scott walks back down the aisle to join us as the music changes again, signaling our entrance. Ethan grins widely, his moment to shine before him,  and I half expect him to dance down the aisle. But it appears he's listened to both his mother and grandmother's pleas even though Demi told him to do whatever he wanted.

My younger brother follows behind him, knowing how to behave at a wedding although I do catch him waving at our cousin's kids.

The coordinator gives me the nod once Scott reaches the front. I come around the corner, my eyes immediately finding smiling faces in my direction from both sides of the aisle. I walk with confidence and purpose, much like I do down any red carpet or appearance, with one exception.

I don't think I've ever been this happy at any of those, because there is no way this smile is leaving my face today.

I take my place in front of the chaplain, next to Scott, moving my attention to the back. Sawyer begins her walk down. I can see Sebastian turn his head towards me and casually flick a thumb in the woman's direction. I give a subtle nod only to be met with an agreeing smile.

By the time Conor reaches the end and joins us, Stella is lining the aisle with flower petals, her smile big and bright. The closer she gets I lean down, awaiting the hug I know she wants to give me as I whisper a reassuring, "Good job," to her.

And then, the doors close as the harpist begins to play the song that Dempsey had requested from her most recent favorite musical, The Greatest Showman. Who am I to argue with something like that.

As 'A Million Dreams' begins to float through the air of the chapel, Scott leans closer to me. With my left hand holding my right wrist hands in front of me, I lean in to hear him better. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams."

While I appreciate the sentiment, I chuckle lightly. "Dr. Seuss?"

"The man knew his stuff." He pauses for a moment. "Love is being stupid together. See you don't have to do it alone anymore."

I cut my eyes at him, holding back the urge to punch him, when I hear the tempo of the song change, and watch as everyone stands, knowing that this is the moment I see my bride in all her glory.

Even as I think the words to myself, I never expected to see Demi standing on her own two legs when those doors opened. And yet, there she was, looking more angelic than anything I could've ever imagined for this day.