"Until I ran a test on Vardemus and it came up as a match with the DNA from the Malivore pit," Dorian finished as he showed the two files to Alexandria.

As Alexandria took a closer look, she saw how the two files showed test results showing an identical match. "Vardemus? You mean the guy that's the new Headmaster?" Alexandria clarified with both of them as she looked up from the files.

Alaric and Dorian both nodded. "It could be a monster pretending to be Vardemus, we don't know. But we need to find him and we need to find him fast," Dorian said as he looked between Alaric and Alexandria.

"What does he look like?" Alexandria asked as she began to think about what it all meant.

Dorian pulled a photo out from the file he was holding and showed it to Alexandria. The hybrid noted the features of the older-looking man before she vamped back to the school.

~ * ~

Alexandria vamped through the students, scanning each face in search of 'Vardemus'. She had never even seen the man, but knowing that he was a potential monster made her beyond anxious.

As the hybrid searched the lower floor of the school, she found nothing out of the ordinary. None of the students seemed to be in any immediate danger so she sped over to the Headmaster's office.

She barged through the door and her attention was instantly drawn to Josie passed out on the floor. Alexandria fell to her knees and brought the witch into her lap. The steady beat of her heart relieved her but she was still knocked out cold.

"Josie? Wake up," Alexandria gently shook the girl as her eyes drifted to her surroundings for any sign of Vardemus.

The room was entirely different from the last time she had been in the office. The furniture had changed immensely and had a completely different aura.

"Please, Josie. Now is not the time to be sleeping on the job," Alexandria panicked as Josie had yet to stir but eventually, the witch started to wake from her unconscious state. "Oh, thank fuck."

Josie slowly peeled her eyes open but she shot up from her spot seeing Alexandria over her. The hybrid pushed herself back with her hands up in surrender, giving Josie some space.

"Sorry, I found you passed out on the floor," Alexandria apologised.

Josie shook her head and brushed off her deliriousness. She saw Alexandria a few feet away from her and she felt guilty for acting as she did. But she couldn't utter an apology as her father rushed into the room.

"Josie!" Alaric exclaimed as he knelt down in front of his daughter.

In the corner of her eye, Josie saw Alexandria silently get up from the floor and take a few steps back. She met the hybrid's gaze briefly but Alexandria looked away almost immediately. "Dad, what happened to you?" Josie said as she saw the redness on his face.

"Don't worry about me, are you alright?" Alaric quickly dismissed.

Josie's eyes darted between her father and Alexandria. "I think I did something bad," Josie confessed in a whisper.

"It's okay, it's okay. We'll figure it out," he reassured her as he brought her in for a hug. As Alaric pulled away, he turned his head to Alexandria. "I need to get Josie out of here and evacuate the school."

"I can get her out of here fast while you start evacuating the school," the hybrid suggested.

Alaric made sure that Josie was comfortable and let her lean against the table. Alaric got up from his spot and made his way over to a specific bookshelf in the corner of the room to open a secret stash of weapons that was still hidden even from the new Headmaster.