Chapter 15- Detective Shreya

Start from the beginning

He said with a wrecked grin on his face. I saw Maa with her head bowed down and taking every word of insult with shame and guilt on her face.

Why isn't she saying anything?

'My mother used to maintain her distance from me. I always thought she loved me but maintained her distance.....'

'She hated me, my birth, she hated my very existence in this world.'

'She doesn't deserve to be a woman. No married woman with morals will commit such a crime as she did.'

My mind suddenly went to yesterday's conversion. What has Maa done that no one here likes her? Except for Dever Sa.

(Brother-in-law)

I need to know.

I think I should activate my 'Detective Shreya' mode on.

"Detective Shreya?" someone whispered beside me.

"Did I say that aloud?" I asked.

"Yes, you did." he replied.

"It's rude to hear someone's conversation." I glared at him and said, trying my best to keep my voice low so that on one could hear us.

"And with whom were you conversating?" he whispered as if we were talking about some secret.

"My brain." I whispered back.

"Ouch"

I put my fingers on my forehead and massaged it where I felt pain. I turned around to see my husband's stupid friend flicking my forehead.

"You can't hit me." I said with my eyes glaring at him.

"You are so cute Shreya. Your eyes are big and your cheeks look like balloons when you puff it." he said, pinching my nose. I pushed away his hand and said. 

"You shouldn't call me by my name."

"Why?" he asked with a small smile on his face.

"Because.. Because I don't know." I said while pouting my lips and looking at the floor feeling embarrassed.

"Because you are my sister and I have every right to call you by your name, even your husband, the king can't stopped me." I looked up to see him as soon as those words entered my ears.

Sis.. sister.

"I.. I'm no..not your si..sister" i said with a lot of difficulty.

All my life I have been denied being a sister to Tanika. She hated me and I don't even know why. She used to bully me, lie to our parents so that they would punish me. She would get some type of sick satisfaction when I was beaten, till I stayed on the floor like a lifeless body.

She would mock me. She would do everything which a sister isn't supposed to do. Even a woman won't go to such extents.

I felt tears brimming at my eyelids but I dare not let it flow this time. This isn't the place where I should show my tears.

There is only one place in this world where I will lay out my every drop of tears, every fear, insecurities and pain without any fear of being judged and I know he will be there for me, to hold me, whisperer sweet words softly in my ears telling me everything is going to be alright, encourage me, give me love and will wipe every tears my eyes will leave. He will hold me when I will fall apart, he will gather my shattered pieces and will join me piece by piece.

He is the strongest pillar of my weakness.

He will hear every word of mine.

After all he is My Rana Sa. Rani Sa's Rana Sa.