Chapter 20 (Past)

Jack's house was very huge with three stories. In the back yard , there is a lake and i saw a boat being tied to a tree which is in their back yard . it is a casuarina tree. Jack took me inside the house as i enter into the house . i saw a hall where a middle aged man was sitting in the sofa and he was working in his laptop . jack called that middle aged man as "dad , this is my friend". i also introduced myself "hello, my name is Andrea. i'm from chennai". jack's father said in a straight face "my name is Joe and i'm jack's father".

 jack's father said in a straight face "my name is Joe and i'm jack's father"

i replied nervously "thanks for helping me sir". Joe said "you are Augustin king's daughter right?". i got shocked and i replied "how do you know all this?". he said with a smile "Opera cooperate have branches all over India and 75 other countries . manipur is one of them . in those times . it is very difficult to earn money in those days . i used to be young . i was working in a fruit shop as a labour . but one day my boss fired me from the job as he thought that i was unproductive in work but the real reason is behind my boss's actions was that his wife was my ex-lover . i tried to explain that i don't have any connections with his wife but he can't get rid of that dirty thought and he fired me from the job . i tried to join other jobs but they are paying very low . so i decided to earn money illegally and i know that opera company's products are highly demanded in the market so i stole the products from the factory of your father's company and i would smuggle them to myanmar and i would illegally sell them in lower prices and i even stole opera company's gold jewels from the opera's jeweller shop and smuggled them to other countries like vietnam. because of that the company's business was running on loss . the factory's employees started noticed that the products are missing . 

the opera jeweller's also noticed that their jewels are stole by someone. they started to search me everywhere. so i stopped the smuggling for 6 months. in that six months , all the money i earned was spent and i become a zero again. suddenly my mind told me to steal the jewels from the opera jewellers but i controlled that urge to steal throughout the day. but i ended up going to the opera jeweller's shop at night and i started packing the jewels in a bag , suddenly the shop's lights were turned on and i saw your father's underlings in front of me . they dragged me towards a room and they tied me up and they started to beat the hell out of me and i became unconscious as i was hit on the back of my head.

the next day , i met your father and his underlings untied me from the shackles and they pushed me on the floor and i said "sorry sir , please don't kill me. i have a family."

he said with a smirk "i know that you have a pregnant wife and a two year old baby boy in your house". joe said "please don't do anything to them". he asked "why did you stole my products?". joe said "in order to feed my family and to put my son in an english medium school. please leave me because if i die my family would be devastated and my wife and children would starve". he said "what if your son became a thief like you. will you be proud?".

joe said "no sir if my family knew about this . they would be ashamed of me and my wife would take my son and she will move to her mom's house "

he said "you are still young . you have a good reputation in the town. why do you spoil that name ? i want to kill you "

joe said while crying "please sir , don't kill me , i beg you" and he touched his feet and he was begging for his life.

he said "ok , i'll give you one last chance to live and you should not do involve in these activities. if i ever found that you are doing this again . i would definitely kill you"

my father's underling's moved away and joe stood up and he said "ok sir , i won't do it again" . he started to walk towards the exit . 

my father stopped him and gave him 10,00,000 rupees as a debt and he said "do a business with this money and repay the debt with your profits and congratulations your wife gave birth to a baby girl . she was admitted in my hospital . both mother and child are fine "

joe said "thank you sir".

my father said "i know you did all these illegal activities for your family and i know that you are not a bad guy .with this money , do a business and repay the debt with profits and you should not spend it on unnecessary things . keep that in mind . it's your first and last chance in your life . i'm not killing you now because my wife is pregnant and i too have a family so i understand your situation."

joe said "i wouldn't do that again"

my father said "ok go now"

after that joe immigrated to vietnam and he started working in a cosmetics company . after he gained a lot of knowledge about the industry and he started his own cosmetics company and now they became successful and he even repay his interest amount and debt amount to my father. 

coming to the present 

Andrea's pov 

i said "that's why you helped me?"

joe said "yes, i was guilty because was unable to attend his funeral as i was very busy that time but i would never forgive his help and advice. i deeply respect him."

i said "how do you that i'm his daughter?"

he said "because me and your father would talk on phone those days and he showed your pictures and i know that you lost your mom when you are born. me and your father would share secrets to each other and we became best friends like you and jack. i was never be able to repay his kindness . helping you escape from your cruel step mom will be my repayment to his kindness. he even called me before his death and he told me to take you to vietnam. i also came to chennai to take you to vietnam but i was stopped by your step mom's family . she even threaten me that she would kill my family if i help you. so i came back to vietnam like a coward " and his eyes started to water and i hugged him

i said "past is past don't think about it uncle . but you have kept your promise . you really helped me escape from that hell . without your help . i would have died by now"

he said "will you call me dad?"

i said "yes, dad"