Chapter 18 (Border)

We started travelling in the car , it took us two days to reach imphal , manipur. i called jack using the phone . but his phone was switched off . i was in panic and fear as he didn't pick up my phone call. i started overthinking . i literally started to cry but mani comforted me and told "maybe he was in flight . you know that phone's should be switched off while travelling in the flight". i said "really ?". he said "yes , now we have to wait for him to arrive in the imphal international airport. until then we have to stay at a hotel".

mani took me to a hotel and he booked a room for me and him. we stayed in the room for one day . the next day, while me and mani was eating the breakfast. my phone started ringing and i picked the call and it was jack. i said "hello jack? have you reached imphal international airport?". he replied "no , i was not able to travel on flight because i have a heavy fever" and he cut the call suddenly. my body started shivering because of fear and i started saying things to mani "oh shit , i should not have put my on that thevidiya paiyan (which means son of a bitch). i know he would not help me". i started crying loudly. mani was trying to comfort me by saying "don't worry , he would come". but i'm still crying. 

suddenly , the room door was opened . i turned my head to the direction of the door and i saw jack standing there laughing like crazy and he said "what do you mean by thevidiya paiyan". as he is a vietnamese and he only knew english and vietnamese language . and he does not know tamil . i said with a smile "thevidiya paiyan means good boy". jack said "do you think i'm fool to believe you. i know it's a bad word". mani was laughing and he was trying to say "i know the real meaning and it means .." before he can say that i closed his mouth using my hand . jack laughed and said "ok just leave it".

jack said "i pranked you by saying that i didn't come". mani also started laughing . i laughed nervously and said "it's not funny". jack said "don't be angry , i'm sorry but". he started laughing by seeing my angry face and i got annoyed by his laughter. after he realised that i'm clearly annoyed by him, he cleared his throat and said "ok pack all the things , we are leaving." mani said with a smile "ok then , my work has been completed. i'm going to chennai." i took some money from the suitcase and i gave it to him. he said "no keep it with you , it is very neccessary for you now". after saying that he returned the money i gave. 

i packed the money back into my suitcase and i hugged jack and i asked "why are you going to chennai?". he replied "because it's my native place and i'm planning to spend my rest of the life in chennai". i said "hope you live a peaceful life and you have move on from your past and you have to enjoy the present". he said " be safe while travelling". jack interfered and said "don't worry sir , i will take care of your daughter". mani hugged me for one last time and he said "bye, we will meet in the future." and he gifted me his elder daughter's gold chain. i bid him goodbye and he left. 

after packing my things in my suitcase . me and jack departed from the hotel room. jack bought a second hand car . we started our journey to moreh . where we have to meet someone who would help me cross the border . 

within 3 hours , we reached moreh and we met the person . he asked us some money in exchange for border crossing . we agreed and i paid him the amount he asked . he asked me to go inside the lorry . i went inside the lorry and i sat . he leave some space for me to laid down inside the lorry and he packed the boxes of fruit in the lorry and i was completely hidden behind the stacks of boxes of fruit. it was completely dark inside the lorry. there is no ventilation . 

jack called me and said "hello , Andy i will be sitting next to the lorry driver and don't worry everything will be alright." i said "thank you, jack". and the lorry started driving . 

we reached the border. the officer opened the container . when the officers started to inspect the container .the driver came down from his driver's seat and he bribed them .thus, the officers allowed us to enter into Myanmar .

after we reached a town called tamu. the driver dropped me and jack in this town . he started moving to mandalay for shipping his fruits . 

me and jack used train to reach yangon . where we are going to meet victor . he is going to help me get a citizenship in myanmar and a myanmar's passport. 

while travelling in the train with jack, i wonder how jack knew all these people  and i asked him about that . he said that "you know what , my father used to export clothing, rubber and wood from myanmar to china. but he was never be able to earn that much. in order to become rich , he did a lot of illegal smuggling . but now we are not doing the smuggling business but we have connections with the people who would do all the smuggling."

i said "othaa! (which means fuck) so you are a mafia's son". he replied with a smirk "no, now we are not doing illegal smuggling or anything like that . we are doing cosmetics business . we produce cosmetics for women and men . it's completely legal in vietnam"