|29| ʜᴇᴀʀᴛᴀᴄʜᴇ & ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

Arizona's POV.

I yawned while covering my mouth trying not to show my sleepiness.

It was almost time for my shift to end. I'm exhausted, all I could think about was heading home and getting in bed.

Thank god I didn't have to work this shift with Y/N tonight or I don't what I would have done. She's been so persistent with trying to get me to talk to her and I can't lie. I've been close to giving in a few times.

But deep down I know that she doesn't mean anything she's saying to me. She just hates that I'm mad and don't want anything to do with her.

"Hey Dr. Robbins!"

I turned to see Callie walking in a fast pace towards me. She wore a bright smile on her face causing me to smile back.

I waved slightly. "Hi, Dr. Torres. How are you doing today?"

She shrugged as she walked around me. "Oh you know, the best I can while running on little to no sleep. Having no time for a sex life- and feeling as though I want to die every time I walk into this place."

My eyes grew hearing her ramble on. Maybe she said more then she actually intended to.

"Oh damn, my bad Arizona." She said sheepishly. "I know that was way too much information than you asked for."

I smiled and waved her off. "Oh no, you're fine honey. I get it- this job is a lot. Comes with a lot of sacrifices."

Nodding she smiled at me and moved a bit closer. I watched her closely, seeing her hand come up to my face. "You have a little something right here."

My body literally froze for a moment as I felt her hand touch the corner of my mouth.

The look on her face was confusing to me. I don't know what she is as trying to do, or what any of this meant. All I know is that it wasn't a normal conversation between the two of us.

She sighed and turned her head at me. "You know, I can't tell you the last time I remember waking up to someone so beautiful. Or someone I can truly say I wanted to stay longer."

"Dr. Torres, what are you getting at?" I asked her with an eyebrow raised.

Things got quiet for a second, and we both stood there staring at one another. I was sort of afraid of what she might say, but at the same time I felt like if my suspicions were right then maybe I wouldn't mind it.

She gave me a strange look causing me to turn my head up at her. I was hoping that she would respond, because I could feel my anxiety building up the longer she just stood here staring out in the open.

"Would you like to go out and get some drinks?" She asked with a small smile on her lips.

~~~

"So, uh how's life been for you Arizona?" Callie asked as she mixed her drink around with a small straw.

I sighed and smiled taking a drink of my Dry martini. "As good as can be."

She sighed as she placed her head into the palm of her hand. It's like she was trying to read my mind or look through me.

"You know, I hate to be that person. But I know what Y/N did to you, and I hate that for you. Because you deserve so much better. You really do, and umm-she didn't know how to treat you when she had you. That was totally her loss babe."

Of course she heard about it, as I'm sure everyone in that damn hospital did. Nothing is kept secret around there.

I gave her a small smile as I placed my hand on hers. "I really appreciate that, Callie. Thank you."

"Of course, and I'm not just saying it because I think you're hot as hell."

I burst out laughing. Maybe it's the way she had so much confidence when saying that-or maybe it's the alcohol I've consumed. Either way it goes, I found it hard to control myself at this moment.

I waved her off and drank the rest of my drink. "Oh stop."

She shrugged and ran her fingers through her dark black hair. "I'm being dead serious though Arizona. A woman like yourself, deserves the fucking world. But a kid like Y/N, she just doesn't understand that."

Biting down on my lip I looked down, trying to avoid direct eye contact. Why is she making me feel this way? I wish I knew.

My heart was beating so fast and I couldn't stop myself from thinking all these crazy thoughts right now.

All these years I've know Arizona, I've never looked at her any way other than a friend. But-something is different, I can feel it.

I then felt a small tap on my wrist making me look up at her.

"Can I ask you something Arizona?"

I shrugged and smiled. "Umm sure."

"Are you ok with being Y/N's second choice?"

When she asked that my heart sunk down into my throat. I could feel the warm tears start to warm up into my eyes. Of course I wasn't ok with the whole Y/N situation- I was hurt.

But what else could I do but except the fact that she chose to do whatever she wanted. She disregarded my feelings and lied to me. I can't make her want to be with me, no matter what I want from her.

"Excuse me?" I asked finally able to speak up.

She shook her head and sat back some as she moved her beer over. "Look- the last thing I want is to offend you in any way Arizona. But I want to know why you put up with her. She doesn't deserve your pain, tears and effort. You are way too good for that girl."

I sniffed and turned away trying not to cry.

"Hey, don't look away. You can be yourself with me babe." She whispered pulling my head towards her as she placed her finger under my chin.

Clearing my throat I sighed. "I-I just don't know if I can take another heartbreak. I don't know if I want to experience that anymore."

"That's because you haven't gotten the right person Arizona. Come on, let me show you.." she whispered grabbing my face in her soft hands. "And I promise you, you won't regret it."

I could feel the warmth of her lips on mine. "I-I umm."

"Shhh, you don't have to say anything right now.just know that I won't be giving in until I get what I want." She placed a small kiss on my forehead before getting up and walking up to the bar.

There she left me, completely shocked and speechless.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ohhhh Callie and Arizona?👀

Hope you all enjoyed!

Plsss let me know what you think. If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to dm me! I promise I'm not gonna bite😆💞.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Thanks for reading/voting