TWENTY

The thing about caretaking for Alexander Moon Ga was nothing was ever expected. It was always a rollercoaster, this story is brief and focused on a few events I think are relevant but there were a lot, a lot of things about caretaking forAlexander Moon Ga that felt a lot like being in the military.

This was easily one of them.

Alexander Moon Ga walked into Liam Kim's apartment in all his glory. There was no way to disguise him, I'd known this for long, but I'd always counted on him not being so obviously Alexander Moon Ga. That night,he was. Shimira standing behind him in sunglasses and that all black get up like the bodyguard he was and him, him in a black turtleneck and black trench coat drowning out the Grey of his pants, every single inch the prince, his hair in a low ponytail, round rimmed glasses over his eyes and that damn face.

Shit.

He arched an eyebrow at me, Liam Kim, one that said , this? This is your boy? I arched one back a reminder, no questions. Almost instinctively, I reached out to pull him inside but decided against it, this was in public, if he decided he could do this then he could. The most I could give him was my voice and hope those glasses were at least useful.

"Seun. Liam Kim Seun-" the gentleman he was extended a hand in greeting, one Alexander took a few seconds before so briefly shaking, with nothing to say in that regard. Ah yes the power games. I remained leaned against the sofa, a million questions in my mind- why. What could possibly drive him to do this, now? Why now? What was he thinking? All the things that could've gone wrong. His eyes glazed over the room, I offered him my voice a guidance, hoping to keep the fear out.

"Everything okay?"

His eyes found mine, that casual cosplay of normalcy. Liam offered him coffee, the man politely declined, stated we were just about to leave sonce apparently this was an emergency. I wanted to demand answers, I did, but in this room- in public, he was Alexander Moon Ga and I was his caretaker, he called the shots and I followed. Kim looked to me and I nod, he nod back. When will we study more? We will schedule it don't worry. He hugged me goodbye, he'd never done that. I smiled at the little show of power hugged him back a little tighter.

"Call me later, Noona "

I nod and stepped out, bag over my back and the men in black steadily stepping with me. It almost felt, funny, usually I was behind him.

He held my hand in the elevator, all secretive and private, not the way he did when he needed direction, no. He held my hand the way he did in those private moments we'd had together, like I was the only thing keeping him alive. Like a starving man. I let him have it. Maybe because somehow I knew he'd needed it. Maybe because I needed it.

This was my first time in his personal car. It was, every inch a Moon Ga car, every inch Alexander, thet unbeatable type of grandeur, so soft yet so loud. He called shotgun, like he always did, and I took to driving, like I always did. I didn't drive out, not immediately, I wrapped my fingers over the steering wheel, I waited. What was this? Why this? Now, Alexander wad a fully grown adult well within his rights to go wherever he wanted, that wasn't it, it was that I had no prior information about this. Truthfully Shimira could keep him safer than I ever could, this I knew- and Alexander wasn't exactly a hopeless damsel either, it's not that I thought i was the only one that could keep him safe.

It's that I needed him to be okay, like my life depended on it.

It didn't.

But Mason's did, and that was more important.

A son for a son.

"We're going to the province. All your possessions will be moved"

I said nothing, waited for his words, a lot more constricted today. He was a lot like the man I'd met, all senses and few words. Nothing felt like it had before, there was this presence hanging between us, an elephant I couldn't quite pin down.