xv. run into a god

XV

XV. RUN INTO A GOD

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

LACY, GROVER, AND ANNABETH stood beside an ambulance. None of them had said a word since they left Percy back in the arch. It didn't feel like the right time and no one wanted to disturb the silence.

"They're looking at us." Grover didn't have to look at the four ladies sat at a bench for Annabeth to know what he was talking about.

Annabeth replied looking at the ladies on a bench knitting, "Yeah."

Lacy stayed quiet. Annabeth noticed this and gave her a smile. She knew how special Percy was to her. He was one of the few people she would open to. She shut everyone off when Silena died but was coming out of her shell with Percy around. Annabeth then turned back to the ladies.

Lacy just looked down, the smile not helping. It reminded her of when Silena died, everyone was different towards her. She never dealt with her feelings well. But this time she had a feeling it wasn't Percy's time.

Grover, without looking up, said, "So we should probably get outta here, don't you think?"

On the other hand Annabeth kept staring at the three older ladies.

"Dude, they're looking right at us."

Snapping out of her trance, Annabeth looked up at him, "What.?"

Lacy sighed finally speaking up, "Let's get out of here and find Percy. He's alive."

Annabeth began with lost hope, "Lacy.."

"I can feel it." Lacy pulled Annabeth's hand with Grover following behind them.

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

Eventually, they made it to the dock which overlooked the river near the arch. The three of them called out for Percy their eyes searching the entire area. As they turned to their lefts they spotted a familiar curly haired blonde climbing over the railing.

Percy lifted his hand in an attempt to greet his friends. "Hi."

"Look, Lace, i'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but i just- I knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time-"

Before Percy could finish talking, or Grover or Annabeth could reach Percy, Lacy ran up to him. When their faces were near inches apart, her hands reached over his neck, embracing the boy tightly. She felt Percy's hands hold onto her waist with the same tightness. The hug made up for the lost greetings from when Percy had first arrived at Camp. Lacy rested her head in the crook of his neck, feeling his comfort after years of missing him.