ix. oh no, i'm falling inlove again

IX

IX. OH NO, IN FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

ANNABETH walked ahead of Grover while Lacy and Percy stayed a bit behind the both. They were walking through a path that laid in the forest.

"Somewhere up ahead, this turns into a satyr path." Grover explained looking at trees.

Lacy turned to Percy already knowing he'd ask, "A satyr path is a road through the wilderness. Satyr explorers use them"

Grover looked back at Percy, "It makes it harder to track us."

Percy smiled at Lacy who was now looking at the trees around them. He quietly admired her, glad he brought her.

By now, they were far back enough to a point that Ananbeth and Grover couldn't hear them, but they could hear Annabeth and Grover. He had so much he wanted to say to her but couldn't form the right words at the moment.

Lacy looked at Percy feeling his eyes on her. He quickly looked down a pink tint brushing over him.

Lacy looked back down making an attempt to break the awkward silence, "I bought your favorite candy. Just couldn't give it to you since we were kind of occupied with Electro."

Percy smiled at Lacy then back down not knowing how to respond. "Thanks." His cheeks warmed at the thought of her thinking about him.

Lacy smiled keeping her eyes on the ground, "Thanks for bringing me along."

Percy looked at her a small sparkle in his eyes, "Of course."

The two continued walking behind Annabeth and Grover, their hands brushing now and then.

Percy spoke again, "I know this is gonna sound weird but, thanks for pushing me in the water. It got my dad's attention."

Lacy gave an awkward smile, "Oh yeah, you're not mad about that anymore right? I only did it because I had a feeling Poseidon was your dad."

Percy laughed a bit, "Yeah don't worry."

Lacy gave a smile at him to which he returned one,"I miss going to school together but you have to admit, it's not every day we get to go on a quest."

Percy laughed, "Yeah you're right, school field trips could never beat this."

They both laughed. As their laughs died down, Percy continued, "Lacy?"