iv. sad beautiful tragedy

IV

IV. WHAT A SAD BEAUTIFUL TRAGEDY

! in this plot Silena Beauregard already died before The Last Olympian !

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

THE CAMPERS CHEERED as they trained for capture the flag. They all wore armor that consisted of helmets, shields, and swords.

Luke informed Percy as they walked through the campers, "You're gonna love this. Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors."

As they walked around Luke noticed Percy looking over at Annabeth and Lacy.
"Annabeth's the head counselor of the Athena cabin. She's led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anybody else won a fourth. And don't even worry about Lacy. She's on Clarisses team."

"They were there in the bathroom. Annabeth said she'd been waiting for it to happen."

Luke sighed, "Annabeth sees the world differently. Always six steps ahead of everyone else. You should cut her a break. And Lacy, she's always where Annabeth is, they're bestfriends." Luke's words hit Percy with a ping of jealousy.

Luke looked at Lacy then back at Percy, "Children of Aphrodite have the ability to manipulate love and desire. That makes Lacy naturally skilled in love magic and charm speaking. She doesn't use it anymore though."

"What do you mean not anymore?" Percy asked feeling as if he didn't even know who Lacy was anymore. "Mad whose side are you on, anyways?"

"Oh, theirs, always. Annabeths's my little sister and Lacy's a good person to have on your side."

"Wait, why did Chris say to stay away from Lacy then?" Percy asked stopping.

"Oh you should stay away from her." Luke said pointing at him. "She seems to not like you. I'm just not sure why."

"Oh." Percy replied, feeling betrayed. "Wait so how is Annabeth your little sister? And what happened when Lacy got to camp, like why is she how she is now?"

Luke looked at Percy confused then realizing he doesn't know. "Maybe i should back up."

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

Luke and Percy were sat at a table talking, "Before camp i was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid i met along the way. Her name was Thalia."

Nothing Luke said rang a bell. Percy asked, "And what does that mean, forbidden?"

Luke sighed, "A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to father anymore. And it held for a little time, until Zeus broke that pact. Until Thalia." Luke looked down. "A forbidden kid attracts trouble. Monsters everywhere, it's just a constant battle to stay alive."

Luke looked back up at Percy assuring he was listening, "One day, we uh, find this little girl hiding in an alley. Annabeth. We were worried about taking her in, exposing her to all that danger. Then we saw her fight." Luke chuckled but then lowered his voice, "Thalia didn't make it. But Annabeth and me... we did. And we've been family ever since."

Luke looked at Percy, "And Lacy, when she got to camp she was sad about this boy i don't really known a lot about it, but she got close with an older aphrodite kid. Silena Beauregard. The two were always close despite being completely different ages. She taught her everything about charm speaking and Lacy was a fast learner. But once Silena died she was, different."

"Is that the girl she was sitting with yesterday?" Percy asked.

"Piper Mclean? No, Piper is also aphrodites kid but not who i'm talking about." Luke responded. "Silena died a hero's death, sacrificed herself, like Thalia. It hit Lacy harder than anyone and I guess she just changed after that."

Percy felt guilty for being mad at her. He wanted to comfort her but  knew wasn't in the right place to do that now. Percy nodded begining to say, "Her and Annabeth have been watching me since i got here. Why?"

"Annabeth is the strongest warrior in camp. The only way left to prove herself is to go on a quest and she knows she needs Lacy to do that which is why she keeps her around."

Percy, still confused, asked "And what has this got to do with me?"

Luke explained, "Chirons been promising her for years. One day a demigod would arrive who was fated to go on a quest that even Chiron couldn't prevent. And when that happened, Annabeth could join it with Lacy. Every new arrival Annabeth watches looking for a sign they're the one. Usually she gives up after a day or two, but she's still watching you."

"Can you ask her to knock it off?"

"Yes, sure. But what if she's right?"
Before Percy could reply the conch shell blew throughout camp.

Chiron spoke to all campers, "Heros, it's time. The game begins."

________________________