v. right where you left me

V

V. I'M RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT ME

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

CHIRON spoke over the sounds of the waterfall explaining the rules. "The first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor. As always, there will be no maiming and no killing "

The red and blue teams both stood on different sides of the river, their armor colored in the corresponding teams.

Piper sighed looking to her left where Lacy stood, "It's capture the flag, not that hard of rules, can he just get on with it?" Piper said clearly annoyed she had to hear the rules again.

Lacy turned to her sister, "There are new kids you know?" When Lacy said this she only had one particular blonde in mind. Piper didn't pay much attention to her sister and instead just turned her attention back at Chiron.

Lacy wasn't listening to much of what Chiron was saying but instead kept her eyes on Percy. Her eyes then moved to Clarisse. Lacy was worried she was still after him and decided she would stick with her.

"I'm going to stick with Clarisse." Lacy whispered to Piper who just nodded sarcastically.

"Yea and your sure she's gonna let you? It's not like you're her best ally." Piper laughed. Lacy shrugged and looked over to Clarisse who walked infront of the red team.

Percy had been listening to the rules closely since it was his first time. Chiron continued his speach insuring he included all the rules, "I trust these rules will be respected. Any magical items you may possess, are permitted as well." This caused Percy to look down at the pen he had received from Chiron.

"It's okay. Let her rip." Luke said not even having to look at Percy already knowing he was hesitant of the pen.

"I still don't even know what my job is. Maybe I won't even need a sword." Percy still didn't know what capture the flag was like at this camp.

Chiron ended his speech with, "Let the games begin" And once again the conch shell was blown.

At the sound of the shell both teams had their yell for glory, Clarisse's yell standing out. Watching this scene, Percy sighed, "I'm gonna need a sword."

After their teams chanting was done, Lacy walked over to Clarisse. Clarisse turned to Lacy then back down clearly not wanting to be with her or even near her after seeing her help Percy at archery. "What do you want?" Clarisse asked not even looking at her eyes.