ii. invisible string

II

II. ONE SINGLE THREAD OF GOLD TIED ME TO YOU

! in this plot Silena Beauregard already died before The Last Olympian !

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

EVERYONE watched as Percy was lead by Luke over to the bow and arrows station. When they arrived, many gathered around the two to see what Percy had in him. Percy took a quiver and placed it around his chest. He had never shot an arrow before so he hadn't quite placed it right. Luke took a glance at him and when he realized it was placed wrong, adjusted it for him.

"Thanks." Percy was grateful for Luke's help and that he finally had a friend.

"A good source of glory are feats of skill."Luke said looking back at Percy. "So, we gotta figure out what you're good at." Luke passed Percy a bow as Percy looked at it hesitantly.

Percy announced to the campers watching, emphasizing the very and super, "I wanna be very clear about this, i've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous."

Luke stated in a joking manner, "And you never killed a Minotaur before either, 'til you did." Percy looked down not sure if he agreed with him.

In the crowd, Lacy sighed knowing Percy would fail miserably. She knew him more than anyone, well did. Lacy didn't want to seem like she was following him, even though she was,  but it's not her fault him and Luke were taking up all the targets. And in her defense, all the other archers were also gathered looking.

"He's going to fail so miserably." Lacy quietly sighed almost wanting to help him. She crossed her arms in worry.

"Watch him shoot an arrow at you out of anger." Annabeth whispered to her friend. Lacy had told Annabeth her and Percy's history the moment she saw he was at camp. Annabeth agreed it was for the best Lacy didn't tell Percy she had to go. It would have brought even more danger to him. "Watch him shoot at you with his horrible aim." Lacy replied with a sarcastic smile. Annabeth was about to reply to her comment but was interrupted with Percy taking an arrow out of the quiver.

As percy walked up to face the target, a nearby black haired girl held up a lighter to him indicating to the arrow. Percy replied knowing he was unexperienced, "I wouldn't." The girl nodded and set the lighter back down.

Percy lifted the bow and aimed the arrow at the largest target. His hands shaked as he tried to keep his aim. He pulled his elbow back, took a breath, and shot. When he shot the arrow, he fell to the ground and his bad aim caused everyone to let out screams as they lowered their heads. Silence fell upon everyone as they looked over at Percy. Percy laid on the ground looking at everyone's judgeful face.