xii. you knew the hero died so what's the movie for?

XII

XII. YOU KNEW THE HERO DIED SO WHAT'S THE MOVIE FOR?

! in this plot Silena Beauregard already died before The Last Olympian !

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

PERCY laid in the dark staring at the train ceiling. He couldn't sleep and had been tossing for some hours. He decided to lay on his back hoping time would last faster.

After shipping Medusas head the four had decided to take a train to Los Angeles.

There wasn't much light but the light that there was, reflected a blue haze through the windows.

"Hey, you asleep?" Percy asked not really sure who he was asking, only
hoping one of his friends would answer.

Lacy hesitated to respond, "Nope."

Percy stayed silent for a moment thinking of what to say. He stammered over his words a bit, "I never knew you had a sister."

"Me neither until I got to camp." Lacy replied jokingly trying to make the situation less awkward.

Percy remained serious, "You two were really close right?"

Lacy nodded before realizing Percy couldn't see her, "Yeah."

Percy furrowed his eyebrows a bit, "What was she like?"

Lacy sighed not wanting to remember the pain of losing her.

But she didn't want to leave Percy without an answer, "She was a really good sister. And friend. Silena always cared for me and Piper."

Lacy laughed quietly, "But she was such a neat freak. I have no idea how her and Charisse were so close.."

It remained silent for another moment Percy not really knowing how to reply.

Percy then hesitated to ask, "How did she, um, die?" It was confusing. He heard Thalias story multiple times but not once heard Silena's.

Lacy tried to push her emotions down, "I asked her to sneak out with me one night so we could.."

Lacy stayed quiet for a moment, she knew she'd regret what she was about to say, "..so that we could go see you. When i left you i couldn't bear the guilt. I just had to find and explain everything to you."

Lacy frowned, "But you know how it is. It isn't exactly safe for half bloods to be out on their own. Silena knew the dangers and took the risk for me. You can probably assume we never reached you. And that she never reached camp."