x. medusa's home

X

X. MEDUSA'S HOME

──────────┊ ➶ 。˚   °

THE DOOR let out a creak as Percy pushed it open. Lacy followed closely behind him while Grover and Annabeth stayed on the porch for a moment.

A bell chimed when the door was opened letting Medusa know someone had entered. Percy looked behind him for a second making sure Lacy stayed near him. When they entered, they were greeted with a door that lead to the dining room. The entrance of the dining room had a table which had a variety of snacks on it.

Medusa spoke from the kitchen startling Percy and Lacy, "You must be hungry! I left snacks on the table while i get something proper going."

Percy whispered, "You think it's safe to eat?"

Lacy sighed, "To be honest. No. But i'm so hungry i'm willing to risk that right now."

Percy furrowed his eyebrows looking at Lacy.

Percy noticed Grover and Annabeth coming in, "Thanks for coming."

Annabeth looked around keeping a high alert, "This isn't the same for me and Lacy as it is for you."

Percy tilted his head looking at Lacy,"Why?"

Medusa walked in the room making them turn their heads down again, "You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of Athena? And I'm guessing you're the daughter of Aphrodite? Goddess of beauty, full of jealousy?"

Medusa began to pour lemonade in a glass, "You shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all. And we might have more in common than you think."

Lacy interrupted before Annabeth could, "What do you mean?"

"My beauty and your stability ripped away in one night. Silena? I was turned into this and you lost your sister. We both made wrong choices and had our most prized possessions taken because of it."

Lacy raised her voice, "How do you know about that?"

Medusa chucked, "It's not everyday two demigods sneak out and one returns with a dead sibling."

Lacy's throat tightened not being able to say a word.

Medusa smiled again, "Please, sit and eat."

Percy, Lacy, and Grover went to sit while Annabeth stood to the side. Lacy didn't eat while Grover and Percy began to dig in.

Percy asked, "So you're not a monster, what are you then?"