chapter 29: extraordinary machine

extraordinary machine  season 2

"Emmy" Y/n knocked on her door waiting for the answer

"Emmy" Y/n knocked on her door waiting for the answer. It was the first day back to school; she knew that she was fucked for the rest of the year because her being in rehab had messed with her grades heavily. 

No one liked the first day of school, but it was her senior year so she had to get finished with it. Even though Y/n didn't see herself going to college because of the fact her parents were still trynna to fight the debt that she had given them from overdosing. But what she wasn't going to do was give up, since there might just be a future for her to get out of the South Side like Mandy says to her; knowing she was more than this shitty city. 

But Emmy was still not speaking words with Y/n. "Emmy..." Y/n grabbed the door opening it to reveal the girl still sleeping in her bed or what Y/n had thought since she was just turned over not saying anything. 

"Go away, Y/n" Emmy finally exchanged words with her after weeks of no contact. "I'm going you don't need to remind me." 

Since Owen or Lucy wasn't home, Y/n knew that she had to be the one parenting her sister right now. "Emmy, why do me and Lip bother you?" She had questioned the little girl who had brown hair as she sat up almost waiting for the moment she could talk about this. 

"If you and Lip date and then break you; it's not going to be the same with the Gallagher's." Emmy worryingly put out into the universe. Y/n had furrowed her eyebrows shaking her head knowing that wasn't going to happen. 

"You know that won't happen." She tried to comfort her. "Me and Lip decided to stay friends counting everything happening with Karen and the baby." 

Emmy sighed before saying the truth; "I don't want him making you relapse." 

Staring at the little girl she didn't feel anything but bad that she had made her worry like this about if she was going to relapse on everyone again. This sort of made Y/n feel powerful because someone cared so much about how she was that this was the answer. "I'm doing good, I go to meetings; and get to pet cats afterwards." She smiled trying to make her feel better about everything that was going on. 

Wrapping her arms around Y/n's shoulder as the girl held her little sister. "Speaking of, you know Lip is dropping out?" Emmy informed her for the first time, that Y/n had pulled away from the hug for a second processing everything that was being said to her. 

"That's not our business." Y/n had played shaking her head and getting up from the bed so that Emmy could wind up getting ready for school since they had an hour before they had to leave minus less time because they left from the Gallagher's house. 

But with new information about Lip dropping out; Y/n wanted to miss the whole school day anyway just to try and convince him to come back to school but at the same time she knew she couldn't control that even if she wanted to. When she went into her bedroom she had taken a good look around the room.