chapter 28: run, run, run

run, run, run  season 2

How did she end up with an invitation to Karen's wedding? Well, it was thanks to her mother's integral role in orchestrating the entire event

How did she end up with an invitation to Karen's wedding? Well, it was thanks to her mother's integral role in orchestrating the entire event. The peculiar atmosphere prevailing at the wedding stemmed from the recent passing of Karen's father, casting a sombre mood as many still harboured suspicions that Frank might be connected to the unfortunate incident.

As Y/n stood before the mirror, she meticulously adorned herself in a pink dress, complemented by white stockings, Mary Janes, and a blue sweater. With her bag in hand, she approached the door, grasped the doorknob, and swung it open, revealing Emmy amid the same pre-wedding preparations. Emmy donned in a purple dress with her hair tied in a ponytail, seemed to be in sync with Y/n.

"Em-" Y/n began to address her sister, but Emmy remained silent, both engaged in the ritual of getting ready. Y/n, undeterred, proceeded to the next phase of their preparation.

Emmy didn't say anything and continued making her way down the steps. Grabbing onto her sister's arm; "Let me talk to you;" Y/n pleaded her little sister; holding onto her arm. 

The brown-haired little girl; didn't take another second before hitting Y/n as a teenager took the hit but the little girl continued multiple times and punching her in the stomach; "Hey, hey, hey" Owen rushed up the steps since he was standing at the door looking for Lucy to come back to the house so that they were able to leave. Owen's arm had wrapped around Emmy's torso dragging her away. 

"Why don't you go back to rehab?!" Emmy shouted with nothing but tears in her eyes. The hallway had fallen nothing but silent. "You do nothing but ruin a good thing!" She shoved their dad off of her before storming down the steps. 

Y/n had not said anything and went silent biting the indie of her cheek just staring at her dad. "What happened?" He furrowed his eyebrows, almost in the moment realizing how distant he was to his daughter's life. 

"Nothing," Y/n shook her head; "It's none of your business;" She cursed almost shocked with emotion since the one person in her family that ever showed she had cared now wanted her to go back into the hole she had fallen into early in the year. 

With each step down the staircase, Y/n delicately wiped away the tears cascading down her cheeks, the weight of emotional turmoil etched on her face. As she reached the bottom, she mustered the strength to open the door, revealing Logan on the verge of knocking. Without a moment's hesitation, she enveloped him in a tight embrace, seeking solace and support.

Logan, sensing the depth of her distress, opted for silence, his arms securely wrapped around her. His gentle touch extended to rubbing the back of her head, a soothing gesture intended to calm the storm of emotions raging within her. Y/n, overcome with grief, buried her face into Logan's shoulder, allowing the tears to flow freely.

In this tender moment, a poignant tableau unfolded. Y/n, finding solace in Logan's arms, looked over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of Owen at the bottom of the steps. His expression mirrored a mixture of shock and uncertainty, a silent witness to the unfolding drama. Owen stood there, grappling with the words that eluded him, unsure of how to navigate the complex emotions swirling around the trio in this poignant moment.