chapter 14 : sleep to dream

sleep to dream │ season 1

                                      PILLS, EAT, DRINK, NO RELASPE

Y/n was slowly regaining her composure after the traumatic incident that had occurred four days ago. 

She needed this space from Vinnie, shielding herself from his unpredictable behaviour that had a habit of attacking her voice and emotions. She was well aware of the chaos that seemed to follow her everywhere, and her recent near-death experience had only exacerbated her frustration. Still, it didn't necessarily equate to love; it just meant she was understandably angry.

In her own way, Y/n believed she was trying to be realistic about the relationship. She was the one who had to face the aftermath, who had to confront the consequences. It was her reality, not Vinnie's, which only deepened her confusion about his sudden disappearance from her life.

She sat on her bed, having just finished taking her medication, which helped to stabilize her tumultuous emotions. As she immersed herself in a colouring book, there came a knock at the door. Y/n looked up, her gaze shifting towards her father. "Did you take your pills?" he inquired, his concern etched in his voice.

"I feel great, Dad" She pointed out with a smile on her face; ever since that had happened her mother hadn't said a word to her thinking that it was too embarrassing for her to have a kid who was downing drugs and winded up passing out because of it. 

Her dad stood at the door nodding his head, and eyeing everything in the room counting this as his first time in his daughter's room in a while. "Any word from Vinnie?" 

Y/n bit her bottom lip a little with a nod to her head not hesitating to tell a lie about what was really going on between the two of them. "Um yeah, he's been getting ready for college..."

"Fantastic, you both can get through it." 

"Yeah, Totally" She muttered through her teeth grabbing a crayon and continuing on the colouring that she was doing, since she was high and didn't really have anything else to do because her anxiety to walk to school today was over the roof. 

The silence echoed through the room as if someone was smoking and the smoke was going through the air. "I should get going, try this again." Y/n stood up from the bed already dressed, wearing a green tank top that showed some of her black bra, jeans that had a brown belt to match; a grey sweater, multiple necklaces and wearing a lot of her clothes at once it was something that she liked to do. 

Gabbing her jacket from the closet she went over to the door making her way downstairs. Emmy was already at school with Y/n being the last to leave the house already. 

Approximately ten minutes later, Y/n decided it was time to depart. Stepping out of her house, she closed the door gently behind her and descended the front steps. The chilly air nipped at her skin, sending shivers down her spine, akin to a sudden, intense storm of goosebumps.