chapter 24: money about the world

money about the world season 2

"My steaks too rare," Veronica poked at the small pound of steak that was lying atop her plate

"My steaks too rare," Veronica poked at the small pound of steak that was lying atop her plate. She had winded up convincing everyone to go out to dinner, at a nearby place since you only need to pay for it once and then get all the food that you have ever desired. 

Y/n didn't even know if she was invited out of pity, or anything counting Lip didn't want her to join them in this dinner. But since Emmy was back he couldn't fight it. Upon arriving, and settling down at the buffet; Lip hadn't said a word to her or even looked at her. 

That wasn't the main news going around the table at the time with Fiona finding a deluxe LV purse with fat stacks of cash that was inside of it. She didn't touch any of the money yet, despite everyone telling her to take the money and fuck the main person who owned the bag, in the beginning, losing all of her money. 

Sitting Between Logan and Ian, Emmy was sitting at the other table with Debbie, Ethel and Ethel's baby. Debbie for some reason was wearing all black as if Mandy had winded up giving the girl a makeover. 

"Have this one, King Henry," Fiona took her plate and slid it over to Veronica, whilst the latter shifted her plate to her as compensation.

"Hey, what was the final tally in the purse?" Lip questioned, his hand gesturing to the designer purse in the middle of the table.

"526 bucks." 

"You wanna spend it?" Y/n turned in the direction of Fiona while she put the rest of the small potato inside of her mouth. 

Fiona nodded her head as she finished chewing her food. "Of course, who won't wanna spend that cash" She had commented. "Food, some bills a lot of things might be able to be solved with this."

"Who even carries around that kind of cash?" Ian had asked. 

She licked the barbecue sauce that her fingertips were covered in till her hands grazed an ID card. "Uh..Kim Furtado."

"Some rich bitch," said Veronica in between bites of her steak.

Logan chuckled trying to hide his laugh into his cheeseburger. "Sounds like a stripper name" He laughed at his joke causing Y/n to turn to him with a loving smile on her lips. 

"Probably is," Ian pointed the fork towards Logan thinking he was having a point. 

Sighing inwardly, Fiona scratched the nape of her arm. "Uh, I was up in Glencoe having coffee with a friend from high school." 

Carl's brow rose at the mention, his sauce-stained lips twitching upwards to form a small smirk soon after. "That guy from your diary?"

"Shut up, and eat your spaghetti taco," Fiona teasingly scolded, and at that point, Spencer knew that the friend she met was definitely more than that. Everyone smirked and smiled at this knowing how Fiona was with people that she liked, knowing once he was introduced to the family then things would wind up going to shit, at least that's what happened when it comes to Steve or Jimmy whatever name he wanted to go with.