chapter 15 : hurricane monica

hurricane monica │ season 1

                                     IN THE HEART OF CHICAGO, UNDER THE CLOAK OF DARKNESS, a car came to a halt in front of an unfamiliar house

                                     IN THE HEART OF CHICAGO, UNDER THE CLOAK OF DARKNESS, a car came to a halt in front of an unfamiliar house. Y/n sat in the passenger seat, gazing out the window. She turned to look at Debbie, who was seated in the back. Debbie's cryptic request had brought them to this unfamiliar neighbourhood, and neither Y/n nor Logan had any idea what was going on.

"Debs, who lives here?" Y/n inquired, her curiosity piqued. She knew that Debbie didn't have any acquaintances in this particular area, which was a neighbourhood removed from Logan's usual stomping grounds. Logan, too, studied the house from his window, attempting to jog his memory to see if he recognized it.

"It could be one out of twenty white people," Logan quipped, offering a humorous but unhelpful response.

Y/n tried again, "Debbie..."

Debbie hesitated for a moment, still seemingly reluctant to share her concerns. But eventually, she succumbed to their persistent prodding, "Tell me that's not a woman's car parked in front?"

Their attention was drawn to the seemingly ordinary car with a license plate that read "Ms. D-list." Debbie's voice revealed her discovery, "Steve is cheating on Fiona."

Y/n's mood took a noticeable dip, and she turned to Debbie, searching for the right words, "Wow... uhm..."

Logan leaned back in his seat, taking in the revelation. He acknowledged the discomfort in the room but decided to remind them, "Wendy, you're forgetting something." He wore a wry smile, "Fiona is a grown woman, and besides, Steve is..."

"Vin," Y/n interjected, correcting Logan.

"Sorry," Logan offered with a nod of acknowledgement.

Y/n and Vinnie's relationship seemed to be in a relatively stable place for the time being. 

Vinnie had been making an effort to integrate with the Gallaghers, and Y/n was content with her medications, feeling a sense of equilibrium she hadn't felt in a long time. However, tonight was different. Vinnie had a family dinner, and Y/n was expected to attend. Unfortunately, Vinnie's mother was less than thrilled about her presence, possibly due to a previous dinner incident that hadn't gone over well.

"No one takes care of Fiona" Debbie looked Logan's way trying to make him understand. 

"Oh wow, I'm still" Y/n continued to process everything, "Debs; leave it for Veronica or even Lip." 

"He got a text from someone named Candace, yesterday" She continued to try and convince them. "He said it was his mom but, someone has to find out if he was telling the truth or not yknow." 

"Oh" Logan turned to Y/n as she was about to say the same thing again; Y/n looked at Logan with a small bite to the bottom of her lip. "Fuck him, Debs, and Fiona is going to know the same. It's none of our business,"