chapter 2 : the storm of frank

the storm of frank  season 1

                                   Y/N HAD INITIALLY ANTICIPATED a brief encounter with Steve, fully aware of the transient nature of people in her life

                                   Y/N HAD INITIALLY ANTICIPATED a brief encounter with Steve, fully aware of the transient nature of people in her life. However, much to her surprise, Steve had become a fixture in the Gallagher household. 

He had integrated himself by purchasing items for the family and contributing to the household chores. What's more, he had won over Emmy's heart, assuming the role of escorting her to school each day, affording Y/n some much-needed teenage freedom.

Yet, with Lip becoming more involved with Karen, their chances for alone time had dwindled significantly. On this particular occasion, it seemed like the entire house, along with curious neighbours, had gathered around the small television in the living room.

Their parents had either headed off to work or were engrossed in their extramarital affairs, showing little concern for their children's activities, as long as they were breathing. Karen, in the midst of the chaotic scene, wandered about the couches, seeking a comfortable spot to sit. 

She meticulously inspected each piece of furniture and every blanket, noting the telltale cigarette burns, evidence of Lip's occasional habit of falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth or simply marking his territory

Even with the Gallagher's watching television altogether, Y/n had invited Logan over counting that he was close with Ian, (Not exactly the same way with Lip) and even Fiona had liked him before he had run off into the big city getting away from the South Side. 

Y/n sat next to Fiona with her legs crossed, as everyone rushed around trying to get ready before the show had come on. Emmy had sat between Y/n's legs, with her sister's arms around her basically using her as a body pillow. 

Lip walked over, looking at the two of them handing Y/n a soda bottle and Ketchup before making his way back to the kitchen to help Steve out with the burgers he had brought for everyone in the house plus guests. 

"Burger's comin' through !!" Ian hollered, moving quickly into the kitchen to set the greasy bags and plates down whilst Steve followed him from behind.

Soon, they both emerged back with the tin-foil-wrapped delicacy back into the living room again, its strong, mouth-watering scent already lingering in Y/n's nose. Fiona scrambled for the remote, fingers aggressively jamming the buttons in search of their special programme, " Uh, Lip, Napkins."

"I can get it" Karen had offered, getting up just for Lip to shake his head. 

"No you sit down," She had listened to him sitting back down with a soft smile on her lips, looking around the room at everything that had been happening. Karen made her gaze towards Y/n who tried not to pay the woman much attention but knew she would be mad at herself for treating Karen like some kind of whore for no reason yet.