chapter 19 : carrion

carrion │ season 1

                                                          Shortly afterwards, they found themselves standing in the exterior, bathed in the soft glow of ambient lights that cast an ethereal haze around the premises, the illumination fading into th...

                                                          Shortly afterwards, they found themselves standing in the exterior, bathed in the soft glow of ambient lights that cast an ethereal haze around the premises, the illumination fading into the edges of the sprawling mansion. 

Lucy, overcome with emotion, clutched a napkin to stifle her tears, while Owen engaged in a conversation with a medic. The gathering outside extended beyond immediate family, with even curious neighbours gathering at the gates, attempting to piece together the unfolding events.

Consciously shielding Emmy from the distressing scene involving Y/n, Logan escorted her to the Gallagher's residence. "She's frail; we've put her on intensive oxygen," Owen revealed, his eyes tinged with red, his composure fragile. Turning to the medic, he was met with a serious inquiry: "Sir, may I inquire about what substances she may have ingested?"

Furrowing his brows, Owen regarded the medic as if grappling with a dark jest. "Clomipramine, antidepressants, and, uh..." He paused, attempting to clear the fog in his mind, lips moving to form words that seemed momentarily elusive.

"Are these medications prescribed?" The medic pressed, pencil poised above paper to document crucial details. Owen, nodding in affirmation, wordlessly acknowledged as the medic diligently transcribed the information. "Will you be accompanying her in the ambulance?"

"Uh," Owen glanced toward his wife, nodded, and swiftly trailed behind the medical team into the ambulance. Left behind were the cries of his distraught wife, consoled by her friends. The ambulance sped away from the driveway, past a contemplative Vinnie leaning against the gate, cigarette smoke lingering in the air.

Vinnie observed the ambulance's urgent departure toward the nearest hospital. After flicking his cigarette in the opposite direction, he turned on his heel, retracing his steps into the driveway to address the concerned gathering.

༶ 

Reclining on the couch; around the same time at night, Logan carefully draped a blanket over a peacefully sleeping Emmy, her exhaustion evident from the tears she had shed during the journey home. Frustration etched on his face, Logan crossed his arms, biting his lip as he struggled to contain his anger.

In the grip of his silence, Logan battled the urge to storm out and confront Vinnie for the harm inflicted upon Y/n. Fiona, clad in a dishevelled white tank top and underwear, descended the stairs in haste, rubbing her eyes and nursing a hangover, with Debbie closely following.

"What happened?" Fiona inquired urgently.

"Y/n overdosed," Logan succinctly replied. "They're sending her to Insight."

A small gasp escaped Fiona's lips, and Debbie looked worried at her older sister. "Where's Lip?" Logan questioned.

"That's a good question," Fiona muttered. As footsteps approached, a blonde woman descended the stairs. Without explanation, Logan observed in silence, while Fiona clarified, "She's a friend."