chapter 11 : never is a promise

never is a promise│ season 1

                                  HE WASN'T ANSWERING

                                  HE WASN'T ANSWERING. Y/n had tried to call Vinnie three times already in an attempt to ask him to be her date for the upcoming wedding. She didn't want to take someone else because she assumed he wouldn't want her to, but he seemed unresponsive to her calls.

Inside her house, Y/n went to the cabinet and opened the door. She had noticed that the pill bottles were slightly out of place, not where she had left them. She closed the cabinet, concerned about the change. She then decided to knock on her sister's door.

Emmy, inside her room, was immersed in her music, wearing headphones connected to her iPod. Y/n called out to her, and Emmy pulled the headphones out of her ears, looking in her older sister's direction. "Em," Y/n questioned, "did you move my pills?"

"Why would I?" Emmy furrowed her eyebrows, genuinely puzzled about who would have tampered with them. Then she recalled that Vinnie had been in the bathroom earlier before he left. He might have been curious about what the pills were prescribed for.

Y/n ran her hands through her hair, feeling confused and frustrated. "Okay, well, we're staying at the Gallagher's tonight for the wedding," she informed her sister before closing the door behind her. Biting the inside of her cheek, she stormed into her own room, wondering if that's why Vinnie hadn't responded promptly.

For her, it always seemed like the nice guys were the ones who ended up leaving. She went into her dresser to start packing for the wedding since she wasn't allowed to go to the bachelorette party because it was in a strip club. Y/n made her way to the side dresser and opened the drawer. 

Searching through the clutter she had pulled out a small baggy of white powered crystals just sitting there. Cocaine was something that she had never done nor did she thought to do it. Maybe it was because the drug was never on the table being too poor for it or maybe it just wasn't something that she should ever have tried. 

Not that she was going to make it into a big deal and be sensitive about there being cocaine inside of her dresser because of her boyfriend, that her little sister could've gotten her hands into not even knowing what it looked like. 

Y/n went over to her other dresser and buried it inside her underwear drawer since no one would go searching in there. Maybe she wanted to try it one day? And this was the only way that she was able to do it. 

Promising that she would watch Debbie, Liam and Carl while everyone was doing their own thing getting ready for the wedding.

Only an hour later, Carl was sitting on the couch watching some type of gory show, with Y/n sitting next to him knowing that it was normal for the boy to watch things like this as she fed Liam baby food that she had found inside of the fridge. Mumbling to Liam nonsense so that he could listen to her.