chapter 13 : don't call it

don't call it│ season 1

                                                       "STOP! ENOUGH!" FRANK SQUIRMED IN IMPENDING AGNOY,  as Carl chucked a dump load of ice down the back of his dress shirt, as per request by Fiona

"STOP! ENOUGH!" FRANK SQUIRMED IN IMPENDING AGNOY, as Carl chucked a dump load of ice down the back of his dress shirt, as per request by Fiona. Debbie leaned in closer and applied a swatch of powder to his bony cheekbones and his eyebags to give him the best 'corpse-like' look that she possibly could.

Y/n watched her mom with a drink inside of her hand not even paying attention to any of it but to Frank who was struggling. "Your body needs to be cold," Fiona argued, clear frustration festering within the cracks of her tone.

"More morphine!" He demanded in a zombified state.

Before Frank could have the chance to grab a hold of it, Veronica quickly swooped in to take her sedation drugs back. "It's horse tranquillizer," she deadpanned sternly, passing the box over to her sister.

Lip impatiently moved towards his father, "Get in the coffin before you pass out, Frank." he placed a hand on his brittle shoulder to  push him forward towards the casket, but the man instantly jerked away.

Frank still didn't budge, "Just a little taste?"

"I don't even know why we do this for you," Lip took a step back in slight defeat, moving to be nearer to Y/n.

He kept his glare prominent on Frank, as did the latter, fist already balling to try and withdraw anything. Y/n laced her hand over Lip's fist with the boy looking over at her looking in the direction of Frank and not turning back to him; it felt like she was cheating on her boyfriend by doing this with his best friend all so that she could calm him down.

"You think it's easy ?" Frank rose to his feet from the couch corner that he'd been perched upon, "Being a parent, letting Fiona play the good cop?  The important thing is you kids," his beady eyes scanned each and everyone in the room before they then settled on his second to last son, "Carl, I remember when the nurse  in the hospital handed you to me."

"Carl was born in the back of a van. You weren't there."

Y/n wasn't in the right mindset to remember Carl's birth but she remembered that she and Lip didn't know what was going on; when he came out she was invited to come over and the first thing that they did was Y/n and Lip took a drink in celebration of Carl's birth. The van that Carl was born in was still somewhere the Gallaghers hid out in.

It was beautiful to see a newborn once created but she hated the screaming; yet loved the sounds of the screaming. But other than that, the memory of Carl Gallagher's birth was a blur to Y/n at the time because of the fact that the drugs were fogging up everything inside of her head; but she felt less hungry than before which was good, counting since she wasn't on her meds and that made her more hungry.

"I slapped his little ass myself," proclaimed Frank with an almost laughable amount of confidence.

Those words had been the last straw for Lip. Before anybody could blink, the boy had lunged forward to connect his hardened fist square with his father's jaw. Knocking him out cold to the floor  without the use of ketamine. Y/n widened her eyes merely and moved to stand in line with Frank's now unconscious body.