chapter 18 : dinners under the table

dinners under the table│ season 1

Within the bustling Gallagher household, the preparations for an evening out were underway

Within the bustling Gallagher household, the preparations for an evening out were underway. Fiona was diligently getting Debbie ready for back-to-school night, navigating through the usual chaos. Amid Stephen and Chloe. the organized chaos, Lip hurried into the boys' room, rummaging through belongings with a purpose. 

He found his brother, Lip, seated at the computer with his feet casually propped up on the desk, seemingly engrossed in something on the screen. Meanwhile, Ian lay on the bed, absentmindedly bouncing a ball up and down in his hands.

Amidst the household commotion, Lip couldn't shake the absence of Y/n from his thoughts. He was well aware that she had returned to Vinnie's place, and he couldn't help but feel a void. 

Emmy, too, was navigating a fluid existence, shuttling back and forth between the Gallagher residence and Logan's house. The absence of Y/n left Lip uneasy, his mind wandering to the potential consequences, especially given her recent episode of passing out during an extended stay at Vinnie's—a result of the pills she was on. Worry etched lines on Lip's face as he pondered the uncertainties of her current situation.

Fiona walked in asking for a sweater which Lip allowed. "What are you guys doing?" 

"Trying to find Homeboy's dad." Lip typed on the computer. 

Ian stopped throwing the ball in the air pointing in the direction of his brother. "He's looking for homeboy's dad" On the computer, Lip continued to stroll with multiple Gallaghers popping up on the search for the most similar person that they were able to find. 

"Jesus. There are a lot of Gallagher's." Not looking up from the computer and continuing on with the research. "Hey, Fiona, do you know any of, uh, Frank's brothers' names?" 

Helping Debbie put on her jacket; "Shit, I have no idea, Oh, I think one of them's Wendell or something." She answered. Before patting Debbie's shoulder, and with her hands on her hips she turned to look at Lip. "Emmy's still asking when will Y/n be back, I can't say anything."

"She's under his little spell again." Ian joked from the bed sitting a bit up as Fiona eyed Lip finally looking up from the computer. He shrugged his shoulders because of the glare coming from his brother. "I'm not wrong." 

"I don't know, and I don't really care anymore." Lip lied, mad that she left in the middle of him needing her the most when his mother came back knowing how much she had affected him. 

Fiona and Ian shared a glance before the woman made her way out of the two boys' room knowing that everything Lip was saying was a lie counting he went back to typing on the computer not looking at them while he said that. 

༶ 

Logan had persistently called Y/n, reminding her about the upcoming dinner outing they were supposed to attend. It turned out that her mother had arranged a dinner gathering at a partner's house. Inside Vinnie's home, Y/n reluctantly prepared for the dinner party she had little interest in attending. She wore a vibrant red dress that Vinnie had chosen for her, with her hair cascading down as usual.