chapter 6 : oh, canada

oh, canada │ season 1

                                   AS Y/N'S RIDE PULLED UP TO THE FRONT OF THE GALLAGHER'S HOUSE, an unusual hush enveloped the surroundings

                                   AS Y/N'S RIDE PULLED UP TO THE FRONT OF THE GALLAGHER'S HOUSE, an unusual hush enveloped the surroundings. For once, the chaotic energy that typically clung to this place had dissipated. 

Y/n couldn't fathom why Vinnie would put his pristine white Honda at risk just to ensure she arrived home safely. No one had ever gone to such lengths for her before, and she found herself appreciating the gesture, even though she knew she could make it home on her own.

"Here?" Vinnie moved forward to see the small blue house standing on the sidewalk.

A hum came from Y/n nodding her head and turning to look at him. "Thanks again, that would've been a long walk" She smiled looking in his direction, the two had awkwardly sat in the car with neither of them knowing what to say.

Y/n reached for the door handle and swung it open, allowing the chilly night air to brush against her skin. Stepping out of the car, she approached the window where Vinnie leaned, one hand resting on the steering wheel.

"You have a phone, right?" Vinnie inquired, leaning in slightly.

"Yeah, I do," Y/n replied, her voice soft, and she bit her lower lip as she nodded.

"Good." Vinnie jotted his number down on a piece of paper and handed it to her. Y/n took the paper and tucked it into her pocket, a playful glint in her eye.

"Don't lie to me about that number," she teased, her lips curving into a smile. "The Gallagher house may not have much, but it's got food, and right now, I'm hungry, so I'm going to head in."

Vinnie chuckled at her sudden shyness, tapping the wheel of his car before they both prepared to part ways. Y/n began walking toward the Gallagher house, well aware that Vinnie was still watching. She turned toward the back of the house, heading in that direction since the backdoor was always unlocked, unlike the front door.

Just before she reached the back of the house, at the point where their paths diverged, she heard Vinnie's voice call out, "I promise I'm not lying." Her cheeks flushed, but she managed to flash a smile, looking down at the ground as she continued on her way.

"Lovely!" she called back, quickening her pace despite the flustered thoughts swirling in her mind.

Y/n rapped her knuckles against the backdoor, and it gradually swung open, revealing Fiona wearing bright yellow cleaning gloves. Fiona raised an eyebrow as she took in Y/n's appearance. "You look fancy, or South Side fancy," Fiona quipped, a hint of curiosity in her eyes as she held the door wide open for Y/n to enter.