~Thirty Nine~

Summer vacation had started and there was still about a week until the training camp. Currently you were with Aizawa in school for a meeting. 

"Why do I have to be here?" You dragged your feet behind Aizawa as he led you through the halls.

"I told you, the board wanted to talk to you about something." 

"Couldn't you just have told me? Why do I need to be there?" You pouted. 

"Y/n, if you become a hero, these are things you'll have to do." Aizawa tried to stay calm while explaining.

"I don't want to be one though..." You mumbled. Before he could scold you, a door flew open. 

"You're finally here. Welcome!" Principle Nezu walked out.

"Let's begin the meeting then." Vlad king said as they all took their seats. In the middle of their U-shaped table was one chair. He motioned for you to sit on it. 

"All right. Let's begin where we left of last time. About the attacks on the U.A students." Nezu said. 

"We need to think of ways to prevent something like that from happening again." Snipe said. 

"Right, especially with Tomura Shigaraki going after Midoriya in the mall the other week." Midnight said. 

"Um should I even be here for this?" You asked with your hand raised in the air. 

"This is exactly why you're here." Nezu gave you a warm smile to which you tilted your head in confusion. 

"Y/n, your skills are higher than most in your class. According to U.A standards, your skill level is above that of a third grade student. In the hero world, you might even rank in the top 50." Cementos looked at you. 

"You've even been told to keep your true powers hidden, to match the rest of your classmates." Ectoplasm said. 

"I don't get it. I'm strong, so what?" You said, dumbfounded. 

"We're asking if you'd consider protecting the students in our stead." Nezu gently spoke. 

"Of course, us teachers will always be the first to protect. However, we won't always be there since the League of Villains seem to like attacking the students in private." Midnight sounded frustrated. 

"What we want is for you to step up if the time comes. You are more than capable of handling yourself and protecting others at the same time. Can we lean on you in our time of need?" Nezu's smile dropped as his face grew more serious. 

You looked at each of them before your gaze drops to the floor. 'Am I capable of doing something like that? What if I fail?'

"We'll give you full authority to use your full powers if a situation like that occurs." Vlad King said. 

"Listen, Y/n, don't feel pressured into saying yes. If you don't feel up to it then you can decline." Aizawa looked at you with his usual soft gaze. 

"Why would you trust someone like me to do something so important?" You asked. 

"You've proven yourself time and time again." Thirteen finally spoke up. 

"We trust you Y/n. You've saved the students before. You fought by Eraser head's side at the USJ incident, then you protected Midoriya when Shigaraki showed up at the mall. You've even gone as far as to help your classmates train and improve themselves." All Might spoke. He gave you a sincere smile. After a few moments of silence you looked up at the faculty staff.

"Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you very much Y/n." Nezu smiled at you once more. 

"I know this isn't a burden you need but we really just want the best protection and safety for the kids." All Might hugged you tightly.