~Twenty~

The stage got repaired after Todoroki's and Midoriya's fight, leaving everyone with yet another break. You decided to check up on Todoroki instead of Midoriya since you heard he was going in for surgery. 

You found him walking away from his dad who looked angry. He looked up from the ground and widened his eyes at the sight of you. He quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you away with him. While you two walked, he didn't say a word. You glanced over at him, his shirt burnt on the left, revealing his abs. Suddenly you were pushed inside an empty room and the door slammed shut behind you. Before you could say anything your arms were forcefully grabbed by Todoroki. He was angry.

"Did my dad put you and Midoriya up to this? I thought you said you didn't like him!" He yelled at you and you gave him an unimpressed stare. 

"You seriously think that?"

"What else am I supposed to think?!"

"I didn't know Midoriya felt the same way I did. It was just a coincidence."

"Why should I believe that?" He was getting angrier as he confronted you about his suspicions.

"Listen all I wanted was for you to see yourself, to fully accept your quirks and realize that they are a part of you and not someone else. You were born with these powers and not your dad. They might be similar but I promise yours can do a lot more than his and if you wanna keep on believing that it's his than go ahead and do so. You're only letting him have a hold on you by doing that." 

You puffed out in retaliation, not being able to stay calm as he falsely accused you. His eyes widened for a second before his head slumped onto your shoulder. He went quiet for a while and took a deep breath against your skin. 

"You know, before I used my left side, I thought about what you said earlier. About it being my quirk and not his and I completely forgot about him and let the fire come out." He spoke softly this time, having calmed down slightly. You only hummed in response.

"Thank you for trying to help me." 

"I just did what I felt was right."

"You may act like you don't care but I can tell that you do."

Before you could say anything he turned around and left. Leaving you there to grumble over his words. Did you care? You only ever cared about those close to you and none of these kids were in that group. Maybe they had managed to creep their way into a small part of your heart without you noticing. You heard the audience cheers as the next match took place. You decided not to watch and to prepare for your upcoming fight instead. It was against Tokoyami and unfortunately for him, both of your quirks would put him at a disadvantage. You reached the end of the hallway just in time for Present Mic to announce your fight. 

Standing on the stage, you weighed your options. You could cover the stage in a dome of shadows, causing Tokoyami's dark shadow to go out of control or you could move him out of the ring like with Mina but you decided against both. As dark shadow leaped forward to attack, you lifted your left hand. A beam of light shot out towards him and he shrunk in size. You smirked as Tokoyami realized how difficult this was going to be, his chances of winning being slim. You emitted a bright light from the left side of your body and slowly approached him. He slowly backed up while dark shadow retreated. Once dark shadow was gone he tried to fight you with hand to hand combat but in the end you won by punching him in the gut with a light beam that sent him flying out of bounds.

After your match it was Bakugo vs Kirishima. You watched as Bakugo struggled against Kirishima's hardening, his explosions not having any effect. After some time though, Kirishima's quirk couldn't hold out and Bakugo took this chance to blast him with a bunch of explosions.