~Sixteen~

You were walking through the halls, on your way to grab some food.

"I was overpowered." 

It was Todoroki and Midoriya. Both of them looked serious. You quickly retrieted behind the wall.

"So much so that I broke my pledge. Iida, Momo and the others, none of them felt it. At that last moment I was the one who was overpowered." 

'Is he talking about their fight?'

"Only me, who had experienced All might's full power up close."

"What.. does that... mean?" Midoriya asked him. 

"It means I felt something similar coming from you."

Your eyes widened. You've never been close to Midoriya's quirk before, at least not close enough to feel any similarities to All Mights. You know how his quirk works but did he already choose a successor? It could be Midoriya but what does Todoroki think? He doesn't know about One for all. 

"Midoriya are you... All might's secret love child or something?" 

'Huh? Is this guy for real? Love child? I'll just go find All Might and ask him myself.'

"It's not like that. I mean, even if I was I'd say I wasn't so I don't think you'll believe me. But anyway that's not how it is... Let me ask you, why do you think that about me?" Midoriya sounded flustered, like he didn't know how to react.

"Since you said this, that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right?"

'Must be his successor.'

"Endeavor's my dad. He's been stuck as the number 2 hero for forever. If you have something from the number 1 hero then I...have even more reason to beat you."

You're not one to eavesdrop but for some reason you couldn't bring yourself to leave. 

"My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend All Might, is an eyesore to him. Since he couldn't surpass him, he moved on to his next plan."

"What are you talking about Todoroki...? What are you trying to tell me?" Midoriya asked and you had a feeling you knew where this was going.

"You've heard of quirk marriages right? That thing became a problem for the second and third generation after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse based only on strengthening your quirk and passing it onto you children, forcing people into marriage. He was a man with money and accomplishments. He won over my mom's parents and got a hold of her quirk. He is trying to fulfill his own desire by raising me to surpass All might."

Just like your parents.

"It's so annoying. I won't become the tool of scum like that. In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly', she said as she poured boiling water on me." 

Both you and Midoriya were stunned. Quirk marriages were always complicated and never ended well and the truth was, the children always ended up as collateral damage.

"Basicly I picked a fight with you to show him what I can do without using his damn quirk. I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using his quirk." 

Your gaze had been fixated on the ground for a while now so you looked up. You had stopped right before a turn in the hallway where Todoroki and Midoriya were but what you didn't notice was right in front of you, on the other side of the turn, was Bakugo. It seemed like you two had only just now noticed each other so you signed for him to be quiet and he gave you a slight nod in return. Looking at his face you could tell he was also shocked by what he had heard from Todoroki.