~Twenty Seven~

Endeavor gave you a nod of approval before turning back to the villains. A Nomu with wings had captured an injured hero and started to fly away with it. Endeavor chased it and managed to get the hero from it but the Nomu got away. Shadows emerged from your right foot and carried you after the Nomu. You chased it for a bit until you reached the street Todoroki had left for. You could see a group of heroes gathered around along with Midoriya, Todoroki, Iida and the hero killer, Stain. The Nomu dove towards them and your eyes shot open. You tried shooting a light beam at it, but it dodged. 

"Watch out!" You yelled at them as the Nomu got closer. 

"Y/n?" Iida looked up but before any of them could react, the Nomu had grabbed Midoriya. 

You gritted your teeth as the Nomu flew faster. You almost couldn't keep up with him but you managed to grab onto it's legs and get on it's back. Down below, Stain got out of his restraints and licked the Nomu's blood off of one of the heroes faces. He activated his quirk and the Nomu froze, giving him enough time to attack it. 

"This society is overgrown with fake heroes... and the criminals who wave their power around idly. Shall all be purged." Stain stabbed the Nomu in the head, causing it to fall and crash into the ground. 

You almost fell off of the Nomu's back but instictavely grabbed onto Stain's back to prevent the fall. Once you all landed, Stain pulled the knife from the Nomu's head and held it towards Midoriya. He took him hostage. You were about to restrain him when he turned around to look at you.

"I'll kill him if you move." 

"Fine." 

"Go to the other heroes. Slowly." 

You listened to what he said and slowly backed up before he could do anything to Midoriya. The look on your friends face was one of fear. The hero killer was a powerful enemy and being taken hostage by him was scary.

"What are you all standing around for? The villain came this way." Endeavor started scolding everyone the moment he arrived. 

It took him a second to realize that Stain was with you. Stain saw Endeavor and let go of Midoriya. Both of them ready to fight each other. The hero killer's aura was intense as he turned towards the number 2 hero. The atmosphere intesified as he got closer and closer until he stopped moving and the air felt clear again all of a sudden. In that moment a broken rib had pierced his lung, causing him to pass out while standing up. Todoroki and Iida fell to the ground while the rest were left to stand there in shoock. You snapped out of the daze you were in and wrapped him in shadows so he wouldn't be able to move if he woke up. 

Midoriya, Todoroki and Iida, along with other injured heroes, were sent to the hospital. Meanwhile you and Endeavor worked tirelessly all night, arresting Nomu's, helping civilians, putting out the fires and at the end, filling out reports. You weren't allowed to go to the hospital since they needed rest and were told to come in the morning. By the time you got to the hotel it was already 4am. You slumped onto the bed and instantly fell asleep.

.   .   .   .   .

"Wake up you lazy bum." 

"Five more minutes..." You mumbled in your sleep as you pulled the blanket over your head. You heard a man groaning and then you felt warm. Really warm. 

"AAAAHHH THAT BURNS YOU IDIOT!" You jumped out of bed only to see your blanket on fire and a grinning Endeavor standing in your door. 

"You wanna go, stashface!?" 

"What'd you call me brat?!" 

"What? Are you getting that old you can't hear anymore?" 

The both of you were once again on the brink of fighting each other. He was holding onto your collar and you did the same. Both raised a fist in the air, ready to start punching the other. With a scream from Endeavor, followed by a loud crash, both of you had fallen to the floor. 

"Get off me shitface." You gritted your teeth at the flaming hero who had fallen onto you before shoving him to the side. 

"The hell were you thinking honored elder!" He turned around to face Gran Torino, standing in your doorway with a big frown.

"You two bicker like little children! This is hardly a time to be acting like this!" He scolded the two of you as you shamelessly sat on the ground, starring daggers into each other.

"He started it! He tried to set me on fire!" 

"I woke you up like 6 times and you still weren't getting up! What else was I supposed to do?" 

"That's enough! Apologize to one another right now!" 

Both of you refused which led to Gran Torino getting even angrier. The old man was pretty scary and in the end you both hesitantly apologized to each other. 

"Good now shake hands." 

You gritted your teeth as you took Endeavor's extended hand. He yanked you forward and spoke quietly.

"I'll burn you to a crisp one day." 

"I'll murder you in your sleep." 

After a rough morning you found yourself at the hospital where your three classmates were told that they would either get punished or not get any credit for taking down Stain. Since they didn't have a license or got permission from their supervisors to fight, it was against the law for them to take action in that situation. They weren't threatened or defending themselves but rather Iida had picked a fight and the other two had tried to save him. In the end the matter settled with the decision being to hide the fact that three U.A students had done it. Had the matter gone public, their punishment would be as well. The three boys and the chief of the police department agreed on covering it up.  For the next few days the media was flooded with news of the Hero Killer's arrest. The headlines read something along the lines of 'Hero Killer: Stain, taken down by Endeavor and the Hero Helper: Nightmare'. 

"This is shitty." You grumbled to yourself. 

You were visiting the boys in the hospital again the next day but the tv was getting on your nerves. 

"It's alright, Y/n. This is better than being praised and punished at the same time." Midoriya tried to calm you down. 

"I don't get why you're so angry." Iida sighed.

"Yeah we all got off easy and you're getting good publicity for once." Todoroki added with a hand on your shoulder.

"That's the problem." You groaned.

"How is that a problem? It's a good thing." Iida asked.

"They always change what they say about me! That stupid news lady calls me a rebel hero when she doesn't like what I say but when she does, I'm back to being the hero helper. It's so frustrating." You half yelled, half grumbled. 

You had a hard time understanding why people felt the need to label you that way. If you did your job, you were a helper but if you spoke freely about your opinions, you were dubbed a rebel. Every time you had an interview, news outlets would be talking about how bad your manners were and how you weren't considerate or a good-hearted person. But as soon as you went on a mission and succeeded, they would instead praise you for your hard work and achievements. 

"I don't think the news lady is at fault here. She's only doing her job..." Midoriya awkwardly laughed. 

"I don't care. She better hope I don't see her outside." You gave the tv another angry glare.

"Listen, what you do, saving lives and helping the heroes is really good but you can sometimes get a little out of hand when reporters start asking questions." Iida tried to explain to you.

"Out of hand?" 

"You said you'd rather be a villain when you are in this line of work. It goes against your whole career!" Iida raised his voice as he started to get slightly irritated by your stubbornness.

"You're even training to be a hero. People just get confused by you, that's all." Todoroki tried to calm the situation down.

"It's not like I chose to do it..." You mumbled, looking at the ground.

"How did you end up with so many recommendations anyway?" Midoriya asked.

Before you could answer him, someone called you. It was about work so you headed out without explaining anything. 

'People are weird and dumb.'