CHAMPAGNE KISSES [NIKOLAI LANTSOV]

Summary: Boring parties can always get some spice by taking a step back to have fun with your secret prince lover.

Based on prompt: "C'mon, you need a reason to get out of here and I have one."

---

Nikolai Lantsov had attended a fair share of parties during his lifetime - being a prince kind of required it. Gossiping with people, making small talk and feigning interest in their mundane lives. It wasn't like he didn't care of Ravkan people, but parties always had these posh upper class people who didn't know anything less than expensive champagne with every meal, personal cooks, big manors with a dozen rooms they never visit and diamonds in every piece of jewerly. He would have much rather spend time with people who knew what actual life was, not being born inside a fancy bubble. But parties like these were mandatory to attend, so here he was, a glass of champagne in his hand.

He let his gaze wander around the hall, and saw you making your way towards him. He smiled a little at you, nodding as you settled yourself beside him and sighed.

"Hate these parties," you grumbled. "And yet, my parents always drag me with them. It's my duty as the heir of the family name, they say."

Nikolai chuckled at your comment, finding comfort in how his secret lover felt the same way as he did. It wasn't like he didn't know it, but your words still made him feel better. "I know exactly what you mean. Same for me. Duty, duty, duty. It gets old after a while."

You scoffed, tapping your fingers on your arm before a smirk spread on your face.

"C'mon," you said, "you need a reason to get out of here and I have one."

Nikolai raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? And what would that be?"

You giggled playfully, your hand grasping Nikolai's as you started to pull him with you. "It's a secret."

"Lead the way, then." Nikolai replied and you left your champagne glasses on one of the drawers as you ventured away from the ballroom. Soon, you were far enough from peering eyes, in a secluded corner and the moment you stepped there you spun around, pulling Nikolai in for a kiss. He had known to expect it, of course, and his hands found their way to your waist as he deepened the kiss, savoring the taste of your lips on his.

When you pulled away, Nikolai smirked at you. "So, this is the secret? You wanting to make out with me?"

"When I wouldn't?" you mumbled, still staying close enough so your noses brushed together.

Nikolai chuckled again, his hands still on your waist. "No complaints from me."

You kissed him again, this time with more passion than with the last one. This kiss lasted longer too, and you felt Nikolai's hands roaming up and down your sides. Eventually though, he pulled away, leaving you trying to chase his lips for a moment.

"We should probably get back before someone misses us," he told you, breathless from all the kissing you had just done.

"Yeah, probably," you sighed, disappointment clear in your tone as you forced yourself to pull yourself away from his embrace, smoothing out your clothes and trying to settle your hair to look like it looked pre-kissing.

You wished it would be easier, not to be his secret lover, but a real one, acknowledged, being able to hold his hand and look at him like you wanted to look at him publicly too. But your family name wasn't regal enough for a prince - Nikolai's parents wouldn't agree on it. So you were stuck like this, for now at least.

But Nikolai swore that one day, he'd find a way to make you his, with or without his parents' consent. Some day, you'd be his, seen by Ravkan people like he saw you. He just hoped that day would be soon.