HC: KAZ REACTING TO YOU GETTING HURT

Warnings: blood, injuries

– If it's just a scratch or even a small wound and it isn't caused by anyone else, he isn't too bothered. He might look at it for a moment and then decide it's not anything too bad, minor injuries are an (almost) every day happening when you're a Dreg.

– Of course, if someone did it to you, he's pissed about it and sternly tells you to be more careful because he can't lose you.

– Or he doesn't say the last bit, but you can see it in his eyes as you're already in a relationship at that point.

– But if you're brought back to the Slat with a large wound, sputtering out blood or/and looking like you're about to pass out from pain, he doesn't take it as calmly, obviously.

– It's more like he freaks out and it shows in with how much he stresses for you.

– And if Kaz Brekker if overly stressed, you won't strike a friendly chat with him unless you want to risk receiving a broken hand.

– He's a walking thunderstorm and spares nobody from it.

– If you were any other Dreg, he would just ignore you and let you be tended by whoever takes up the task (as he knows his gang knows what to do in such situations), but with you, he's distracting Nina all the time by pacing back and forth, demanding her to heal you faster.

"Just do your job like you're supposed to, Zenik." -Kaz"I'm trying, but you aren't making it easy, your heartbeat is too loud, I can barely hear Y/N's heart over it." -Nina

– He huffs at that, sitting on an armchair in the corner of the room and staring at your face. If he wouldn't see the blood, he'd think you're just sleeping.

– He tried to concentrate on your peaceful face to get his heartbeat down, knowing he can't appear weak in front of anyone.

– As soon as Nina manages to stabilize you, he goes to the office and starts the work to find out who did it.

– Inej heard a Black Tips member bragging about killing off one of the most skilled Dregs, saying you were incredibly stupid when you didn't hear him.

– Immediately when she turns his identity to Kaz, he orders that guy to be brought to him.

– Kaz makes sure all of Ketterdam hears his cries of mercy and, towards the end, pleads to kill him already.

– Kaz doesn't, of course - everyone has to know that nobody can touch what's his.