[MAL ORETSEV DRABBLE]

Prompt: G3. Leaning your forehead against theirs

Word count: 294

The fireplace crackled in the cold breeze as you sat with your friends. Alina had found her Saintness and talked with a Suli girl who had helped you with Kirigan's crew with her companions as you and Mal were huddled in together after you had been sure that him fighting against Kirigan would be his last fight. But he had risen as Kirigan was taken away by his own monsters, and you had never felt happier than when you realized he's alive.

"I was so worried about you," you muttered to Mal and pressed your forehead against his. "I was sure I'm going to lose you."

Mal closed his eyes and chuckled. "You know I'm not dying that easy." You broke into a small smile, closing your own eyes and just relaxing there. You could feel Alina's eyes in you and knew it for sure that she was smiling when her two best friends were finally getting together after dancing around their feelings for years.

And when you finally did open your eyes, you indeed caught Alina smirking at you, causing you rolling your eyes but still let out a small chuckle. Mal wrapped his arm around you, pulling you close to him and nuzzling your hair for a moment. He looked at you, grinning slightly as he kissed your cheek softly.

"Didn't think I'd get my lifelong crush to myself after all this." he said quietly.

"Me neither." you replied and suddenly became aware of the fact that you being so cheesy together was making others uncomfortable, so you separated yourselves from each other and just stared at the fire, but you still had a soft smile on your face - you weren't afraid of the world anymore, not now when you had Mal.