[KAZ BREKKER DRABBLE]

Based on Hold Me While You Wait by Lewis Capaldi:

This is you, this is me, this is all we need / Is it true? My faith is shaken, but I still believe / This is you, this is me, this is all we need / So won't you stay a while?

A/N: Kind of a sequel to one of my earlier pieces, unfortunately Wattpad won't let me link the earlier piece so I can't point you out to which :| 

But a quick recap of that piece: it was based on prompts "Nothing has changed in you, even when I wanted to believe so." and "Oh, so that's what you think of me?" and it had a fem reader. Kaz and Y/N fought after there had been a heist gone wrong, Kaz took it out on her and Y/N felt like Kaz doesn't appreciate her. Y/N left his office with tears in her eyes and Kaz immediately got frustrated on himself and regretted his words and knew that Inej would come to him as an angry sister figure. Kaz wants to try to be a better person for Y/N and wants to fight for it.

But I guess this works as a standalone too. This doesn't have any pronouns.

Word count: 520

It had been a week since you and Kaz had had a big fight in his office, which had resulted in you avoiding him in fear he would just make you feel worse - and even though you tried to tell Inej no, she had scolded Kaz for making you cry. Which was totally exaggerated. Mostly, at least.

But now Kaz had asked you to come to his office, something you had been dreading for if you were being honest. But as you stepped in, you were met by him, not looking like he has asked you there because of work or because he wanted to insult you more - for one, he looked at you when you stepped in, when he normally didn't even glance up when someone stepped in, always knowing who's on the other side.

"Sit," he gestured to the chair in front of his desk and you slowly complied. You stared at each other for a while, Kaz spinning his quill in his hands.

"I was too harsh to you that evening," Kaz finally said. "I shouldn't have said those things. I'm... I'm sorry."

His apology felt almost like a love confession, since Kaz Brekker did not apologize. That alone gave it a lot more weight, and you found yourself relaxing quickly. You knew that Kaz really was sorry. Even though Inej had probably been scolding him for making you cry.

"It's not just that," you sighed after a moment of silence, looking up to Kaz. "Yes, I was disappointed in your behavior earlier, I felt like... like when I first came in. When you kept saying that I'm useless and a liability, and would never be more than that."

Kaz pursed his lips, remembering fully well how he had been - he had been a huge prick to you, something he wished to take back. "I wasn't being fair to you," he admitted.

You nodded, laying your gaze down again with a tiny smile. "Apology accepted."

You made a move to stand up from your chair, believing Kaz needed to work in peace, but were stopped by Kaz.

"Can you stay for a while? To keep me company?" he asked, and you turned around, a bit surprised.

"Sure," you said after a moment, settling on the chair again.

He gave you a half grin, and you took out your book.

After a moment, he looked at the papers on the table between the two of you, picking them up one by one. He didn't say anything as he read through them. You watched him, wondering what it was that was so different about this time. It seemed like such an ordinary scene, you sitting across from him, reading together. But something felt different - something had changed. It wasn't for the worse, on the contrary, it felt better. Maybe it was because he had apologized to you, something he never did with anyone.

You smiled a little and turned your gaze to your book, taking your bookmark out and began reading the next chapter, but glancing at Kaz every once in a while - as he glanced at you too.