[KAZ BREKKER DRABBLE]

Prompts: D18. Birds + D17. Smile

Word count: 397

"Where's Y/N? I need to speak to them about the plan too." Kaz inquired, and Jesper huffed.

"You're their boyfriend, I think you should know by now where they are." he smiled, glancing at the roof and Kaz sighed. Of course.

If you were lost, you would most likely be found from the roof with a bag of seeds. Everyone among the Crows knew it. You had even earned yourself a teasing nickname, "Birdy", but you didn't mind that. You even liked your nickname.

Kaz made his way to the door leading to the roof, and discovered you quickly, sitting cross-legged near the edge of the Slat, a swarm of crows around you. If you had been anyone else, Kaz would have told you that you missed the meeting and told you to come with him immediately, but over the years he had formed a soft spot for you which was only reserved for moments when you were alone.

You smiled - the crows jumped to your lap, came to sit on your shoulders and trusted you thoroughly. You had sat on the rooftop for years, earning their trust and now you were basically one of them. They nuzzled your head, they were smart and affectionate. Some had even learned their names.

Kaz stood by the rooftop door, watching you as you stood up from the ground, making the crows fly away. They had learned to know by now what it meant when you stood up, and you had feathers on your shoulders and head. Kaz reached out, carefully helping you tidy up by plucking any stray feathers from your head and clothes before he smiled at you briefly, earning a dazzling smile from you.

Crows were your friends just as much as the human-Crows were, and that was one of the things Kaz loved in you. Your kindness and affectionate nature was known among the streets of Ketterdam, and hushed whispers were exchanged, why would someone like you be in a relationship with a demon? But they didn't know the Kaz who he was when he was alone with you, when no one else watched. He could let his walls down with you, even when he didn't really show physical affection. But you could see it in his eyes, his love - and that was enough.

And that had always been enough, and would always be enough.