[KAZ BREKKER IMAGINE]

IMAGINE BEING AN ARTIST AND KAZ LETTING YOU PAINT HIS BACK.

(Note: this places itself years into relationship with Kaz and overcoming his phobias and traumas, so he's kind of ok with reader touching him, but he's not a cuddle monster or anything, don't worry XD I don't write for cuddle monster Kaz)

---

"No, absolutely not." Kaz grumbled and walked out of your little atelier. You let out a whine, following him as he started making his way back to the attic.

"Please? We can wash it off after. I'd just like to try how it is to paint on skin."

"I already said no." he sighed. "Ask Jesper."

You let out an amused huff. "Do you really think he'd stay still?"

Kaz groaned. "Ask Matthias. Nina. Wylan. Inej."

You snorted at Matthias, but then shrugged. "Nina could be willing."

"Good, then ask her." he said and opened his door. "Come back when you're done, I need to go over the plan with you."

"Of course. I'd come back even if you didn't ask, though." you smiled at him and took a hold of his hand briefly before you started descending the stairs. Kaz looked at you go for a moment and then made his way back to the office.

Inej, Jesper and Wylan were at the bar counter, but you didn't see Nina anywhere. It was odd, she was usually there with the rest of the Crows at this time of evening.

"Where's Nina?" you asked, and Jesper shrugged.

"She and Matthias left somewhere some hours ago. Judging by their giggles, they're spending the night... elsewhere. What I gathered, they're celebrating something," Jesper told you and you groaned.

"Why today of all days?" you muttered and made your way back to Kaz's office, slumping on your armchair and Kaz lifted his gaze to you.

"Didn't Nina want to be painted either?" he asked, and you shrugged.

"Can't ask. She and Matthias left somewhere some hours ago. Jesper said they're going to spend the night together because they're celebrating something."

Kaz cocked a brow. "Celebrating what?"

"Anniversary? No, it can't be their anniversary yet. Ugh. I don't know," you groaned. "I was so excited, and this would have been a calm evening. But maybe another time..."

Kaz was quiet for a moment, before he sighed. "All right. You can paint my back this one time."

You couldn't believe your ears. "What?"

"This one time. It's just this one time. I won't be your canvas for the rest of your works, and I won't go around showing it to everyone like Nina would," Kaz continued, and you broke into a wide smile.

"Really?" you excitedly asked, and Kaz couldn't help but smile slightly. "You can decide the topic, then. I'll get my things. Come to the atelier when you can."

You hopped to your atelier to get your stuff ready and it didn't take long for Kaz to join you. You pulled up two chairs for yourself and him.

"Take off your shirt and we can begin," you smiled and Kaz started unbuttoning his shirt, soon sitting on the chair backward, leaning his arms on the backrest as you sat behind him. "What do you want me to paint?"

Kaz thought for a moment. "Your favorite memory of us."

You giggled. "Wow. That's cheesy from you."

"It just popped into my mind." he smirked and rested his chin on his hand. "How long is this going to take?"

"Long enough that if you need to use the bathroom, you should use it now," you replied, putting your supplies ready.

Kaz nodded with a small sigh. "All right. You can begin then."

"It might tickle at first, but try to stay still." you told him.

You dipped the brush to your black paint, faintly mixing it with the white one. You already knew what memory you were choosing - that evening Kaz had held hands with you for the first time. You had watched a beautiful sunset together, something rare in Ketterdam to see, but Kaz hadn't looked at it. He had looked at you, eyes so full of love and admiration, and he had taken off his glove, linking his hand with yours. It had been very brief and you almost didn't register it, believing it was just hopeful thinking, but you had glanced down just before he pulled away with a slight hitch in his breath and put his glove back.

You were painting yourself and Kaz as silhouettes against a beautiful, orange sunset, with a ship peeking from the right and some houses from the left. The memory was carved into your mind and you could remember it clear as day, even when it had been over five years from that moment.

Kaz didn't really talk during you painting, something you were grateful for. Nina likely couldn't shut up, making it harder especially if she'd laugh. She always made you both laugh, that's why you hadn't taken her as your first choice.

It took about two and half hours before you made your last stroke, leaning back to check your work one last time.

"It's finished," you told Kaz and started putting your supplies away, nodding towards a small space beside your pile of empty canvases. "The mirror is that way if you want to see."

Kaz stood up, making his way towards the mirror and you saw him frown before he started to smile slightly.

"Do you like it?" you questioned and Kaz nodded.

"I almost feel sorry for having to wash it off," he said quietly and you giggled.

"Aw, is that a compliment?"

"You could say that," Kaz smirked, making his way back to you. "I... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I kind of liked it."

"So... does that mean that I can use your back as a canvas again if I want?" you asked, and Kaz raised his eyebrows before he smiled softly, giving his answer that way.