[KAZ BREKKER DRABBLE]

Prompt: E11. Listening to music

A/N: I hope you like it!

Word count: 435

Yet another day at the Slat. Kaz was making plans, like usual and you read a book near his table. You finished your chapter and yawned.

"Tired already?" he asked, not lifting his gaze from the blueprint.

"I can't understand how you can sit there for hours, looking at the blueprints." you replied and let your gaze go around the room and your eyes settled on a gramophone. "Hey, where did you get that?"

Kaz lifted his gaze momentarily, following your line of sigh and smirked before he went back to looking at his plan. "It's an authentic Casart, first of its kind, about a hundred and fifty years old. It will pay us at least fifty thousand kruge."

"You're going to sell it? Are you nuts?" you gasped, making Kaz look at you again and you made your way to the gramophone, noticing it still had a vinyl disc in place. "This is the coolest thing ever."

Kaz raised his eyebrows at you. "I have no use for such device. I can't concentrate on work if I have to listen to music right next to my ear."

You chuckled. "Then don't work, let's just listen."

"I don't have time for-"

"Oh c'mon Kaz, just one song? Please?" you pouted, and Kaz rolled his eyes, putting his quill down and leaning back on his chair.

"All right then. One song," he agreed, and his lips quirked up slightly when your face lit up at his words. You excitedly rotated the wheel and moved the stylus to the vinyl, a soft piano music filling the room. You clapped, pleased with how well it still worked and sat back beside Kaz, and you both just listened the song play on. You smiled widely through the whole song, and Kaz had to admit, the music was beautiful. Nothing like the drunken songs some customers played at the club - he had partly expected something like that.

When the song came to close, you slowly rose up from your seat, intending to keep your promise about just one song, but you were stopped when you felt a gloved hand wrap around your wrist. You turned to look at Kaz, but he just shook your head, earning another bright smile from you. You sat back down, and Kaz returned to his work, finding the soft piano music in the background calming and it actually made him think more creatively, if it was even possible.

Music wasn't something that Kaz Brekker had valued that greatly before as listening to it didn't pay him kruge, but on this moment, he had been proven wrong.