[KAZ BREKKER DRABBLE]

Prompts: A4. "I cooked for us! Or tried to cook..." and A9. "Your forehead has sauce on it."

Warnings: A mention of blood

Word count: 362

When Kaz came down from the attic, he noticed that smoke had filled the club. For a moment, he thought that the club was on fire but judging by his fellow Crows opening any windows to get the smoke out, it wasn't that.

"What's going on here?" Kaz asked and covered his mouth with a handkerchief.

"Ask Y/N," Jesper coughed and nodded towards the kitchen. Kaz sighed and made his way around the bar counter.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Kaz asked when he could see you among the smoke. You turned around with your apron full of stains and your face was white from flour and you had something red on your forehead. Kaz grew concerned upon seeing your forehead and limped towards you, inspecting the injury but sighed in relief - it wasn't blood.

You blinked at Kaz, answering his question, "What do you mean?"

"The whole club smells like smoke right now. And your forehead has sauce on it."

You touched your forehead with your fingers, and chuckled. "There it went..." you said and sucked it off from your fingers.

Kaz still waited for an answer, leaning on his cane and you groaned.

"Alright. I tried to surprise you, I know you probably don't remember but it's our anniversary and I wanted to do something special. So... I cooked for us! Or tried to cook..." you muttered the last part, sheepishly looking back at the burnt dishes. "I guess I need more practice."

Kaz's lips curved into a slight hint of a smile when he looked at the dishes and then sighed. "Lucky for you, I already have our anniversary covered."

Your eyes widened, not expecting him to remember. Kaz wasn't an expert in anything romantic. "Really?"

Kaz nodded towards the doorway. "But first, we'll have to get this scent of smoke out. Then we can celebrate."

You broke into a wide grin, following Kaz out of the kitchen, excited to see what he had planned. And at the same time, Kaz hoped that you'd like his little surprise - the fancy dinner he had ordered to his room had been overly expensive, but you deserve only the best.