FOR YOU [KAZ BREKKER]

"Hi love! Could you do prompt B9 with Kaz Brekker please? Thank you!!

B9: "Did you do all this... for me?""

Warnings: mentions of prostitution + child prostitution at the beginning of this but other than that it's fluffy, promise!

Word count: 923

The Menagerie.

A house full of music and pleasure, from outside it seemed like people would have fun there. Clients usually had, but workers... they were a different story. You remembered working for Tante Heleen since you were a child, but now Kaz had suddenly asked you to come with him and now you were there, standing in the middle of Tante Heleen's office, her looking up and down your form before Kaz laid a small pouch on her table. She peeked inside, taking two red, glimmering rubies out, before she grinned at Kaz and turned her gaze on you.

You felt like you wanted to vomit, having her look at you like a piece of meat.

"I'll miss you, darling." Tante Heleen smiled at you mockingly. "You were so good at pleasing our clients..."

Kaz sent a glare to your boss, or former boss, before he lightly nudged you with his cane, indicating it was time to leave. You walked straight out from the Menagerie, receiving jealous glances from your previous colleagues, but some sent you slight smiles, silently telling they were thankful you got out.

And seeing those glances slowly let the information sink in. You were out. You weren't her property anymore.

But... Kaz didn't have such money, did he?

"Kaz, how did Tante Heleen let me go like that? What did you do?" you tried to have an eye contact with him as you were walking back to the Club, but he just kept staring forward with his usual expression, like nothing had happened a moment earlier. "You don't have that kind of money-"

"I gave her the Crow Club as a collateral for you and Inej before we left to the Fold." he interrupted you.

You blinked at him in disbelief, being silent for a full minute before stuttering out "W-why?"

"You were worth it. Two of the jewels paid your final debt. You're free to do whatever you want now."

The rest of the walk happened in pure silence, you trying to swallow the fact that you were finally free from her. But back at the Club you slowly sat down at Kaz's armchair as he moved to stand behind his desk, and picked up a pile of papers before slowly starting to browse them through.

"Did you do all this... for me?" you raised your eyes to Kaz, who slowly nodded without meeting your eyes. "Why me?"

Kaz still didn't look at you, he just continued browsing through his files. "Inej made her choice to leave the Crows for an indefinite time. I needed a replacement."

You sighed. "You could have stopped her. I know you cared about her."

Kaz glanced up at you, stopping to examine your face for a second before he turned it back to his papers, but his hands had stopped browsing them. He laid the pile down before leaning against his table.

"It's... different with Inej." he mumbled, and you frowned.

"Different how?"

Silence. Kaz drummed his fingers against his table, looking at the scattered pile of papers in front of him. Then he finally lifted his gaze to meet yours, his blue eyes scanning your face for a second or two before he spoke.

"She isn't like you. You're..." he quickly averted his eyes from yours, back to his papers.

He fell silent again, as to bite back his next words what he was going to say. But you understood what he was going to say after looking at his body language. He wasn't good at expressing feelings, he avoided it at all costs. Your mouth opened a little bit, as you let out a silent "oh".

Kaz visibly swallowed, fully aware you had caught his unsaid words. Neither of you was sure what to say next, what to do next. You had felt something for him for quite some time now, receiving teasing from Jesper and knowing smiles from Inej, but you thought their words were just teasing so you'd blush which they would find hilarious. Which they did.

"I wish you saw how he looks at you."

Inej's words echoed in your head, followed by a flash of Jesper grinning at you after he had seen Kaz's jacket thrown over you when you woke up after a particularly cold night.

"He doesn't give his jacket to anyone, you know?"

You had thought that him giving your jacket was just because you had been drenched wet from rain after hunting down a rabbit for dinner, and he was worried you'd catch a cold and that would lead to your mission failing. That he wasn't worried about you. But what if he was?

"I..." you choked out, and Kaz pressed his lips to a tight line, still looking down at his table.

"I know. I don't blame you." he answered before you could even finish.

"No, Kaz. Listen. I... I feel something for you too." you breathed out, and watched him frown, before he slowly raised his gaze to look at you. His eyes wandered over your face, before he shook his head.

"You can't mean that."

"I do." You placed your hand next to Kaz's, not quite touching him but near enough to let him know that you were serious. A token of affection, even if it wasn't a typical one.

His lips twitched just a slightest bit into a ghost of a smile while he looked at your hands placed side by side, and he nodded. That was a wordless agreement - you were his and he was yours.