[JESPER FAHEY DRABBLE]

Prompt: Hugging from behind

Word count: 250

The Barrel didn't have much to love, but Saints, you loved these quiet mornings. These mornings when the sun had yet to rise, and probably the only other person awake was Kaz as he had, by no doubt, been working the whole night. Jesper humming slightly as you stood up from the bed, wrapping your silky morning jacket around you and made your way to the Slat's kitchen. You took out the bread and the butter, starting to prepare breakfast from yourself.

Then you felt a pair of arms wrap around your stomach and a head resting itself against your shoulder. Your boyfriend inhaled your scent deeply before humming slightly.

"Good morning to my beautiful, precious Y/N," Jesper mumbled and pressed a kiss on your shoulder. You smiled, leaning against him for a moment before he unwrapped his arms from around your frame and moved to make breakfast for himself too.

These kinds of mornings, lazy mornings with no rush or stress, were the best. When the Slat was mostly still sleeping and there wasn't any heists around the corner. It was rare, but oh, so treasured. Just sitting at the table with a cup of hot cocoa, tea or coffee and a sandwich, holding hands with Jesper and just enjoying the quietness. Jesper was usually very noisy, but he had grown to appreciate these mornings too with you.

And he found himself hoping that he could always have those mornings with you for the rest of your lives.