FAVOURITE CRIME [ALEKSANDER MOROZOVA]

(BASED ON A SONG: FAVOURITE CRIME BY OLIVIA RODRIGO)

You used me as an alibi / I crossed my heart as you crossed the line / And I defended you to all my friends

Warnings: angst, mentions of manipulation (also a mention of smut if you squint, I literally removed and added it back like 10 times because I felt like I'm publishing something super dirty... I'm pathetic, I don't write smut for a reason :DD)

Word count: 414

"He's a good person!"

"No, he's not. He's suffocating you, Y/N. I know manipulators when I see them."

"You're just jealous."

"Jealous?"

"Me and Aleksander have something real. Unlike you and-"

You had stopped yourself from saying more, realizing how hurtful it would be. But your best friend already had guessed what you were saying.

"You know what Y/N? I can't watch this anymore. You won't listen, he's changed you."

They had walked away, leaving you sitting on their bed alone. And that was the last you saw them, after being best friends for more than two decades.

For months, you had been seething at them for saying such horrible things about Aleksander, your boyfriend you loved with all your heart. Until you started seeing those little hints yourself.

How he started lying.

And then he began to spend a lot of time with the Sun Summoner the moment she popped into the palace.

Sometimes his servants thought he's with you when in truth, he was with Alina. Some had slipped that he had told them that he's going to spend time with you to hide his schemes from extra ears.

And Alina didn't even know you two were a couple and judging by her stares at Aleksander, that time they had wasn't completely innocent.

She was enchanted by him.

And that made you think about your best friend's warning signs. Suddenly you started suspecting his plans too.

And accidentally seeing him and Alina making out on his war table confirmed all your fears.

You had crossed your heart for him as he crossed the line, betraying your trust and you on that moment, you just knew that he had been manipulating you all this time.

Tears in your eyes but for some reason, numbness filling your brain, you packed your bags and made your leave from the palace. No one would miss you anyway, and you had lost your only friend because of Aleksander.

You had to find them, you had to let them know that you were wrong. Aleksander had had you completely under his spell, when in reality he was just trying to pretend to have a normal life, maybe have some pleasure to himself at nights when he had waited for the Sun Summoner all this time. You were nothing more than a toy to him. A pawn he threw away as he no longer needed you.

But you'd be strong and some day, you'd watch him burn.