Chapter 2 Bed time

You watched as the kids laid down for bed they didn't give Catnap any trouble. Soon they were fast asleep. You looked at Catnap. "So what do we do now?" You whisper. Catnap looked at you. "We make sure the kids don't get up past their curfew." Catnap said as he leaned against the wall. "All night?" You asked. He nodded. "Why?" You asked. "Factory rules." Catnap replied. You two sat there for a couple minutes without saying anything. "So what do you usually do when the kids are sleeping?" You asked. "I usually talk to the other critters but they went to bed all ready. Catnap said. "Oh." You mumbled. Again silence. You decided you were going to go on a walk. You started for the door. "I'll be right back." You said. Catnap gave you a nod. And you walked out. You walked around for like 20 minutes. "I Probably should get back." You thought. Just then you heard something. You being curious you went to investigate. You peaked around a door and listened in. "So what kids next?" One of the men asked. "Whatever kid Stella tells us." The other replied. "So why did the factory decide that kids are a good idea to experiment on?" The first guy asked. "Because it's easy." The second said. "And beside we get paid to run tests and kill the brats so yeah." The second guy continues. You were shocked to hear what you did. You were about to confront them when someone grabbed you from behind and covered your mouth. You looked up to find it was Catnap. He took you to another room and let you go. "What the fuck was that!?" You asked. Catnap looked at you. "Them stating facts." Catnap said. You pull out your phone. "I'm calling the cops." You said. Then Catnap grabbed your arm. You jumped. "Catnap what are you doing?" You asked. "You can't call the cops." Catnap said. You looked at him like he was crazy. "The fuck you mean I can't!?" You said agitated. "It's in your contact. You can't tell anyone from the outside world." Catnap said. You froze. "What-" You said. "You think I'm going to let them get away with this?" You asked him. Catnap grip tightened. "Y/n you weren't supposed to know anything about it if they found you knew anything they could turn around and use you as an experiment." Catnap said with a serious tone. You could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't joking. You nodded and he let go of your arm. You put your phone away. "Is that why you made that comment to me earlier?" You asked. He nodded. "If I would have known that I wouldn't have taken the job." You said. "That's why you should probably read the contact." Catnap said. "Noted." You said. You and Catnap started to head back. You made it back to the room where the kids slept. You sat down and looked at the ground you did know what to think. Catnap leaned on the wall next to you. Just then a noise caught your and Catnap's attention. A little girl peaked her head around the corner. "What are you doing up Sally you know you are not supposed to be up at this time." Catnap said you could hear how annoyed he was. He sounded almost pissed. "I know it just-" Sally started. "What is it?" You asked. "I can't sleep." Sally continued. "Why not?" You asked. She looked down. "I'm scared if there's a monster." Sally said. You looked at Catnap and looked back at Sally. "If there was any monsters Catnap would have eaten them." You said. "Really?" Sally asked. You nodded. "Now head back to bed." You said. Sally walked off. Catnap looked at you like he was impressed. "I ate the monsters?" Catnap question. "Just go with it." You replied. You sat there for a good minute or two before Catnap spoke. "You good?" He asked. You looked up at him. "I don't know-" You started. "I mean I did just find out something horrific so I don't know." You continue. "Look I get it you heard something you shouldn't have and you can't tell anyone or even quit if you want to." Catnap said. "I just can't believe it that's all-" You said. "Do the kids know?" You asked him. Catnap looked away from you. "Some of the older kids have figured it out but they don't say anything because they don't want to scare the younger kids and they're afraid if staff found out they be next." Catnap said. You looked down. "Not if I can help it." You mumbled. Catnap looked at you. "Pardon?" He asked. You stood up. "Not if I can help it." You said. Catnap looked at you with a confused face. "What do you mean by that?" He asked. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep these kids safe and I promise that." You said. Catnap looked away. You could tell he was thinking. "Why did you care so much?" Catnap asked but didn't dare looking at you. "Because there children not lab rats they shouldn't have to go through this." You said. Catnap looked at you. "I have never seen anyone give to shit's about these kids." Catnap said he looked sad. "Well I'm not everyone else just remember that ok." You said with a shy smile. Catnap smiled back. "Ok." You two ended up talking for the rest of the night. When Catnap noticed the time he said his good night's and went to his room. You knew you had a long day ahead of you.

{Hey guys so I noticed 11 people have read the first chapter and it makes me really happy so I hope you all are enjoying it so far 💝}