Chapter 75: "Why are you so fierce? On the contrary, you are the one..."

Early the next morning, when Qixi woke up, the other side of the bed was already empty.

Clearly, last night, it seemed that Gu Yan had a harder time, but how come he was so much more energetic than her? Qixi slept until the sun was high, feeling sore and lethargic. She suddenly felt that her past suspicions about Gu Yan's kidney function were not very wise.

Although awake, Qixi felt lazy and sluggish, like a well-fed cat, just wanting to lie down. Gu Yan's bed was very comfortable, and even the silk sheets felt smooth and cozy against her skin.

But Qixi's lazy daydreaming didn't last long, as Gu Yan gently pushed open the door and sat on the edge of the bed. Perhaps because Qixi kept her eyes closed, pretending to still be asleep, Gu Yan didn't immediately realize she was awake. His movements were careful, and Qixi only felt the subtle shift on one side of the bed. Afterward, Gu Yan didn't say anything or make any other moves. The room seemed to be filled only with sunlight and silence.

Even with her eyes closed, Qixi could sense Gu Yan's gaze. Perhaps his gaze was too intense, or maybe the indoor sunlight was too warm, but Qixi gradually felt a rising heat on her face.

When people close their eyes, it seems that their imagination becomes even more restricted. She began to think about various messy details from last night, the almost frenzied kisses, and...

The more Qixi thought about it, the more she felt the desire to uncover herself from the thin silk blanket, despite having nothing underneath.

But...

Underneath the silk sheets, she was completely bare.

Perhaps her gradually reddening cheeks and slightly irregular breathing finally made Gu Yan aware that Qixi was pretending to sleep.

This man quite cunningly leaned down and kissed Qixi directly.

The usual morning kiss, for some reason, started to become somewhat uncontrollable.

Afraid that it might lead to a repetition of last night's events, Qixi had to abandon her pretense of sleeping, slipping out from under the silk sheets. She lightly tapped Gu Yan: "Move away, move away."

Gu Yan, feigning pain, let out a soft cry, "Why are you so fierce? Early in the morning, is this how you treat your husband?"

Qixi was utterly powerless against his teasing and could only cover Gu Yan's mouth with her hand.

She scolded, "What husband? Gu Yan, you're shameless!"

Gu Yan just laughed and, seizing the opportunity, took Qixi's hand and kissed it. Then, leaning in close to her ear, he said, "Even more shameless things happened last night."

"As for the husband part, that's not wrong either. Your future husband."

Just as Qixi was about to continue scolding him, she noticed that Gu Yan, who was usually eloquent in defending his 'husband' status, suddenly averted his gaze and his voice became somewhat hesitant, "Qixi, I've known you for many years, but now I'm starting to think you might be doing this intentionally."

?

Qu Xi didn't have time to react before Gu Yan looked back at her. Her gaze paused at a certain place before she continued, saying, "No, you weren't lying. Your material is indeed very good..."

Gu Yan's gaze had just been at a certain location...

Following Gu Yan's gaze, Qu Xi felt uneasy. The silk was indeed smooth and comfortable, but it was a bit too slippery. Qu Xi realized that during their playful interaction with Gu Yan just now, that darn silk strap had already slipped off her shoulder.