Chapter 3: "Qi Xi, I can never be friends with you..."

Qi Xi and Gu Yan's gaze briefly met in the air, like an eerie calm before the clash of two armies.

Qi Xi put on a brave smile, showing a display of friendliness to Gu Yan, who immediately had a serious expression on his handsome face.

However, Gu Xuehan was unaware of the strange atmosphere and expressed some emotions, saying, "Gu Yan, since Qi Xi is also your classmate, why keep it a secret? You have suffered such a great grievance, and I won't mention who it is. You are determined not to file a lawsuit against the other party. What's wrong with you? How can you be a lawyer if you don't even stand up for your own rights? Isn't that right, Qi Xi?"

Qi Xi didn't dare to agree and looked at Gu Yan, pretending to be calm, and said, "Mainly, Gu Yan is a magnanimous person with a broad mind and great tolerance. It is because of this that I have always admired Gu Yan during my university years and considered his magnanimity as my learning goal..."

Gu Xuehan furrowed her brow, "If it were you, could you tolerate such a thing like Gu Yan?"

Facing Gu Yan's cold gaze, Qi Xi maintained a pretense of composure and said, "Of course, Lawyer Gu. I believe that although lawyers should be skilled in offense, most of the time they should also learn to be patient. Besides, I am a compassionate Buddhist. Being generous and forgiving is the way to go."

Gu Xuehan was a bit surprised, "Are you young people all about this 'Buddhist' attitude?"

Qi Xi almost clasped her hands together in a gesture of love and peace. She nodded solemnly, "Yes, I believe in Buddhism. It's mainly good for the body, the state of mind, and it increases the chances of success in the future."

Gu Xuehan shook her head with a lack of understanding, "I don't know what's going on with you young people these days, but for me, I don't have that kind of personality. As a person, you should seek revenge when wronged and repay kindness when given. In any case, even if someone owes me five cents, I would spend fifty dollars to sue them and get it back."

"Qi Xi, you don't need to have any reservations. Speak out the name of that female classmate boldly, and I'll go and meet her."

Well, this is just perfect.

...

Fortunately, a client's phone call interrupted Gu Xuehan's questioning, and she quickly waved her hand, signaling Qi Xi and Gu Yan to leave her office.

Gu Yan walked ahead, maintaining a cold expression, paying no attention to Qi Xi. Qi Xi had no choice but to take the initiative and grabbed Gu Yan's hand.

"Gu Yan... How about we let this past matter fade away with the wind... Your magnanimity and bearing the burden of humiliation, I will repay them in the next life, even if I have to be a cow or a horse. We were classmates for four years, and we will be colleagues in the future. There should be no lingering grudges. I am willing to bear the guilt for the mistakes I made towards you..."

Gu Yan looked at Qi Xi and asked, "How will you bear it?"

Qi Xi pleaded pitifully, "I'm willing to compensate you financially, by handing over the majority of my monthly salary. You can keep a portion for my living expenses."

"That letter from Zhang Jialiang was really misleading. Look, if it were you, it would be easy to misunderstand." Qi Xi took out her phone and showed the photo of the damn love letter.

Qi Xi decided to drag Gu Yan into the matter, saying, "Firstly, Zhang Jialiang used that signature, and you voluntarily delivered the love letter on his behalf. It's difficult for me not to misunderstand, right? If you hadn't delivered the love letter for him, this situation wouldn't have arisen..."