Chapter 37: It's Time to Explore the World!

Qixi wasted no time and went to the office early the next morning to start moving her workstation. There had been some recent staff changes and new office desks had been purchased, freeing up a large area in the office.

Qixi found a suitable spot in the newly vacant area that was far away from Gu Yan's seat. It was relatively spacious and occupied only by a few male interns. She thought that the physical distance would help avoid any suspicions.

However, Qixi was surprised to discover that she had more things in her office than she had anticipated. Just as Gu Yan arrived at work, she hadn't finished moving yet.

Upon seeing her, Gu Yan furrowed his brows and asked, "What are you doing? Do you need help?"

Taking a box of law books from Qixi's hands, Gu Yan lightened her load. Qixi sighed with relief and explained, "I'm moving my workstation!"

Gu Yan placed the box down and his expression turned serious. "Why are you moving your workstation?"

"When I first joined the firm, you told me to keep my distance from you. Now that there's a new vacant area, it's far away from you. You can relax!" Qixi replied.

However, just as Qixi finished speaking, Gu Yan didn't offer any further help with the move. Instead, he placed the box of books back on Qixi's original desk. He glanced at her and then averted his gaze, saying, "Oh, there's no need to move. I'm used to it now, and that incident doesn't affect me anymore. It's fine for you to sit here."

Of course, he wouldn't mind now, Qixi thought sarcastically. Gu Yan was the type of person who did things his own way. At their graduation ceremony, he cared more about his image in the heart of the girl he liked rather than public opinion. Now that he was dating the white moonlight girl, he had truly turned the page on Qixi.

But while Gu Yan had moved on from Qixi like turning a page, Qixi couldn't do the same. She shifted her gaze away, pretending to be nonchalant. "I know you don't mind, but our workstations were too close. It was like sitting next to my high school desk mate. With so many vacant seats in the office now, if I move there, we'll all have more space. Look, with the increasing number of cases, my desk is almost overflowing with files. Once I move, you can use my old desk for materials and case files."

Gu Yan's expression turned displeased. "But we are in the same team, and sometimes we need to discuss cases together. It's inconvenient if you move so far away."

Qixi had a reasonable answer for that too. "I can come over whenever needed! It's not good to sit for long periods anyway. This way, I'll be forced to move around a bit, and having a healthy physique will allow me to work better for your sister!"

However, Gu Yan still didn't agree. He cleared his throat and awkwardly added, "If you move, it will make me seem petty, as if my character is poor. After all, we are a team, and if you do this, people in the office will gossip, speculating that we had a falling out. It might spread some negative rumors about me."

It seemed that even someone like Gu Yan, who seemed independent and unyielding, still cared about others' opinions. But Qixi was determined to avoid suspicion, so she remained steadfast. "Don't worry, once I move to the

new workstation, I will immediately bond with the interns sitting there. I will let them know about the strong camaraderie between us, like steel. That should dispel any concerns."

Qixi thought her explanation would alleviate Gu Yan's concerns, but to her surprise, he glanced at the area where the interns were sitting and his expression grew even more displeased. "What do you mean?"

Feeling somewhat guilty, but trying to maintain her composure, Qixi replied, "What do you mean? I don't mean anything. I genuinely don't have any issues with you. It's just that a few days ago, I consulted a feng shui master, and they said sitting facing north would bring better luck. Our current positions face south..."