Chapter 46: How Does This Guy Always Manage to...

As a newly single person, Qi Xi still felt a sense of shyness and hesitation. After cuddling with Gu Yan for a while and confirming in her mind that all of this was real, she finally let go of him like a koala leaving a tree branch.

Qi Xi's face was still flushed, and she was still a bit nervous. To ease this strange emotion and shift her attention, Qi Xi cleared her throat and decided to focus on something more professional. She asked, "What about Lin Lin? Your neighbor, has she resolved the issue with her ex-boyfriend who threatened her?"

Previously, she had been too focused on her own romantic problems, but now that her emotions had calmed down, Qi Xi became concerned about the situation with her female neighbor. She felt ashamed of her previous unfounded jealousy and couldn't imagine how such a gentle girl could be threatened by her ex-boyfriend. She hoped that Lin Lin's troubles had been resolved.

Gu Yan pondered for a moment and replied, "We have already gathered substantial evidence. This ex-boyfriend of hers is really clueless. Initially, he used the chat records from their previous relationship to threaten Lin Lin into getting back together. You know, friends and couples often complain about their bosses or annoying colleagues, so it's quite normal. But now that they've broken up, he's using those chat screenshots to threaten Lin Lin, saying he will send them to the people she criticized, aiming to socially ruin her. He constantly manipulates her emotions by exploiting her fear and keeps demanding to meet up, go shopping, watch movies, and even attempts to reconcile. And now, it has escalated to the point where he's asking Lin Lin for money."

Money?

As soon as Qi Xi heard that it involved money, her interest was piqued. She asked, "Is the amount significant? Can we treat it as extortion?"

A guy who could blackmail a girl with her privacy obtained during their relationship shouldn't be allowed to keep harassing her by conceding every time. It would be better to counterattack thoroughly and decisively, rather than let him continuously cling and drain her like a leech.

"If it's just a normal threat for reconciliation or something, even if we report it to the police, it would probably result in a minor punishment. It might not be enough to stop his behavior and could even provoke him to engage in more extreme harassment. However, if it involves extortion as a criminal offense, then the nature of the case completely changes. We can bring in public authorities like the prosecutor's office, and he won't be able to escape punishment," Qi Xi reasoned.

Gu Yan nodded and said, "The amount involved has already exceeded the threshold for a significant sum. He has extorted Lin Lin five times so far, and according to Lin Lin's calculations, he has taken around 140,000 yuan from her."

Although in the past, Qi Xi secretly harbored some sour feelings towards Lin Lin, thinking of her as a potential rival to Gu Yan's affections, she now felt angry on her behalf. Empathizing with Lin Lin as a woman, she said indignantly, "We can't let this continue. We can't just sit and wait. Since the evidence is already collected, let's accompany Lin Lin to the police station and file a report!"

However, Gu Yan shook his head in frustration and said, "That's the problem. Lin Lin doesn't want to involve the police. She has warned her ex-boyfriend several times that she will report him if he continues, and she has informed him that his behavior is bordering on serious criminal activity. But he acts as if he knows for sure that Lin Lin won't go to the police. Instead of restraining himself, he has intensified his actions. I've tried to persuade her and analyze the pros and cons with her, but she still hasn't taken any action."

Qi Xi couldn't understand Lin Lin's decision. Going to the police seemed like a guaranteed win in this situation!

Since Qi Xi was currently in Gu Yan's house, she suggested meeting Lin Lin downstairs and talking to her face to face.