Chapter 61 : I don't have to come back here tonight, you can...

Although Gu Xuehan already knows about Qi Xi and Gu Yan's relationship, both Qi Xi and Gu Yan have not relaxed in their work at the law firm. They are still diligently handling their respective cases, resulting in more overtime together. However, Qi Xi doesn't feel tired; instead, she finds it satisfying. Being able to date her boyfriend while not wasting any time and experiencing improvement in her work skills feels perfect.

Even though Gu Xuehan invited Qi Xi to visit Gu Yan's parents together, Qi Xi still feels a bit uneasy and shy. Fortunately, Gu Yan is understanding and doesn't rush her.

On Qi Xi's mother's birthday, even though Gu Yan couldn't join due to work, Qi Xi could sense his effort to hide his disappointment. He seemed eager to officially meet Qi Xi's parents as her boyfriend, as if meeting her parents would seal their relationship like signing a contract.

Qi Xi indeed plans to introduce Gu Yan to her parents, but she didn't manage to see her father during her last visit. There are still unresolved conflicts between her and her father, especially regarding her decision to study abroad and the arranged blind dates. Qi Xi feels that handling each matter one by one is more appropriate.

Despite the challenges, Qi Xi is happy to celebrate her mother's birthday. Her father, Gu Rui Ming, went all out this time, reserving an upscale western restaurant and even decorating the venue with roses, balloons, cake, and champagne, creating a romantic and stylish atmosphere.

During the birthday celebration, Qi Xi's mother, Xie Wen, playfully complains about the extravagance and time wasted on the preparations. In response, her father laughs heartily, attributing the ideas to his young assistant's creativity.

Qi Xi can see the genuine joy and shyness on her mother's face. Her mother's complaints are more like teasing beneath her shyness.

The birthday celebration is a joyous occasion for the family, and despite the initial reluctance, Xie Wen makes a birthday wish, blows out the candles, and the whole family enjoys the gift-giving segment. Qi Xi selects a beautiful set of brooch, hairpin, and necklace for her mother, which brings genuine happiness. Later, it's time for her father's gift.

As expected, Qi Rui Ming presents a gift box wrapped in colorful paper.

Xie Wen, feeling a bit shy and anxious, unwraps the gift box while Qi Xi records a video on her phone, intending to capture her mother's surprised and bewildered expression upon seeing the Hermès bag. However, the real surprise occurs when Xie Wen unveils the contents of the box.

Contrary to expectations, the box contains a Coach bag, not Hermès. In contrast to Qi Xi's astonishment, her mother appears extremely pleased. Xie Wen immediately tries on the bag, expressing her delight: "The color matches my clothes perfectly, and it's spacious. It will be convenient for carrying while shopping for groceries."

Qi Rui Ming joins in the laughter, saying, "As long as you like it, choosing a satisfactory gift for you isn't easy. I thought about it and felt this bag suits you best. It's not too expensive, so you won't scold me for overspending. It's an economically practical brand. Considering your usual outings involve grocery shopping, this bag won't be easily damaged, and it showcases my wife's status. Our old Qi family's daughter-in-law should at least carry a bag worth a few thousand when shopping for groceries."

Qi Rui Ming, with a legal education and years of experience at the law firm, is skilled in eloquence. His words successfully charm Xie Wen, and the couple engages in affectionate banter, creating a warm family atmosphere.

While this domestic bliss unfolds, Qi Xi sits at the dining table, her heart roiling with tumultuous emotions. If her father gifted a Coach bag to her mother, where is the expensive Hermès bag? Her initial doubts resurface, and the unsettling feeling intensifies.