Chapter 8 "However, who is that girl?"...

Qi Xi was ecstatic about Gu Xuehan's alternative plan because it would undoubtedly secure the maximum benefits for Chen Xiang. It was excellent news, and even Chen Xiang seemed somewhat surprised.

Gu Xuehan smiled and said, "So, should we proceed with this plan? If there are no issues, we can start negotiating with Ai Xiang at any time."

However, despite the promising proposal, Chen Xiang, influenced by the emotions and arrangements concerning their child, hesitated and said, "Give me two more days to consider. Before the negotiation, we also need to take into account the emotions and arrangements regarding the child..."

---

After Qi Xi hinted to Chen Xiang, he became proactive in pursuing the divorce and investigating the detailed assets. Although he had some hesitation in the end, Qi Xi never expected such a drastic change in his attitude three days later when she returned to the law firm.

"Lawyer Gu... You have done an excellent and professional job, but I..."

Gu Xuehan remained patient and asked, "What concerns do you still have?"

After hesitating for a moment, Chen Xiang mustered up the courage to express his final decision, "I have decided not to get a divorce."

Gu Xuehan maintained a calm expression, but Qi Xi was completely stunned.

How did the situation take such an unexpected turn? Wasn't it Chen Xiang who initially couldn't accept Ai Xiang's infidelity? How did her attitude change so dramatically within a few days?

Gu Yan also paused, clearly surprised just like Qi Xi. He furrowed his brows and asked, "Ai Xiang intends to return to the family?"

As soon as this was mentioned, Chen Xiang's expression became pained. She said, "I couldn't hold back and confronted him. I didn't expect him to feel no remorse at all. On the contrary, he was brazen and told me that he no longer has any feelings for me. If I want to leave, I can leave. He can give me slightly more money and property, and he doesn't want any of the children. He can provide child support. He even seems willing to give up our current joint assets and his attitude. As long as I sign a confidentiality agreement, he promises a peaceful separation and a dignified life for our child."

Since the other party was willing to negotiate proactively and even made concessions, it should have been a good thing.

"He doesn't genuinely feel remorse, that's why he's willing to give me slightly more money and property. It's because the popularity of his drama 'Feng Xian' is still rising, and the price for his intellectual property rights is soaring. Many film and television companies are even willing to reserve his unwritten novels at a high price. But in order to prevent them from becoming marital assets, he has refused to sign any contracts until after the divorce, so that he can divide the existing publicly known assets with me, then marry that despicable third party and openly sign high-priced film and television contracts."

Chen Xiang, who used to be a gentle woman, now had a twisted and hateful expression on her face. She said, "He's daydreaming. He wants to get rid of me in a hurry, but I won't let him. I will drag him down. From being worthless to being famous, it's all the result of my silent dedication and investment. Now that I turn around and leave, handing over the kingdom I built to that despicable third party? No way!"

Qi Xi couldn't hold back any longer and said, "But it's obvious that he no longer has any feelings for you. This marriage is already in name only..."

"As long as I'm here, that conniving woman won't be able to take my place. She won't be his legitimate wife, and he will still have to call me his wife, pretending to be loving on Weibo. I will make sure that this despicable third party has no status, no legitimate relationship with him in this lifetime! I will never allow them to abandon me and turn Ai Xiang's future high-priced film and television copyrights into their post-marriage assets!"