Chapter 67: When you can't grasp the heart,

After conducting a concentrated collection of evidence and interviews, Qi Xi organized all the proof into a dossier. Utilizing the lunch break, she arranged to meet with Xi Wen and Gu Yan to have a thorough discussion.

To make her mother more relaxed, Qi Xi chose a café downstairs from the joint office.

Qi Xi and Gu Yan arrived first, and despite it being the first time meeting Qi Xi's family, Gu Yan seemed quite composed. Qi Xi, on the other hand, was a bit nervous: "How should I introduce you to my mom?"

She hesitated about the wording, but Gu Yan seemed unconcerned: "Just say I'm your colleague."

Qi Xi paused, "But..."

"Qi Xi, this meeting with your mom is urgent. The top priority now is to make your dad pay the price and protect your mom's rights as much as possible. My role is secondary, and besides, I'm concerned that if you introduce me as your boyfriend, your mom might question my professional standards. Also, entering your family's private matters as a boyfriend seems inappropriate."

Gu Yan gently held Qi Xi's hand and smiled, "Right now, I'm entering as a lawyer. When the time comes for me to enter your life as your boyfriend, you can introduce me to your mom."

Qi Xi couldn't help but be moved; Gu Yan always seemed to surprise her. Even though she wished to be introduced to her parents and sought parental approval, Gu Yan, in this opportunity, was not overly eager.

He genuinely prioritized Qi Xi's concerns, as if she always had priority in his heart.

Qi Xi's mom arrived around ten o'clock, meticulously prepared but still unable to conceal the fatigue on her face due to the significant blow. Despite the efforts, her complexion couldn't hide the gracefulness and elegance in Xi Wen's every move, radiating a gentle and reserved femininity.

After taking their seats, Qi Xi introduced Gu Yan and herself to Xi Wen. Xi Wen's mood was heavy, skipping pleasantries and simply smiling at Gu Yan, apologizing for causing him trouble.

Here, the three of them discussed additional details regarding the evidence.

Gu Yan, not wasting time, greeted Xi Wen politely and then went straight to the point, "I've compiled and reviewed all the content on Wang Juan's Weibo account from its registration to the present. Besides the apartment, Qi Xi's dad seems to have bought a BMW 5 Series for Wang Juan. Additionally, on holidays like Valentine's Day, Christmas, birthdays, or Chinese New Year, there are gifts such as brand-name bags, watches, and jewelry that Wang Juan received."

As Gu Yan spoke, he handed over a document, "This is a printed list I made, specifying the brands, names, and official prices. I've also included screenshots of Wang Juan's Weibo. I've stored electronic copies of all the evidence, including screenshots and recordings."

Qi Xi also shared her findings, "I started from the Maple International School's public account and found information about Wang Qiliang in the activities related to the second-grade Class A. There is indeed such a child, and I traced it to find his photos."

Qi Xi paused, bit her lip, and looked at her mom with some concern before showing the photos on her phone, saying, "It's him."

Xi Wen glanced at the photos, nodded with a pale face, and said, "The boy I saw is indeed this one."

Without the need for any substantial evidence, the boy in the photos visibly resembled Qi Ruiming, and the blatantly revealing words provided undeniable proof.

This was indeed the illegitimate child born outside of wedlock between Qi Ruiming and Wang Juan.

Qi Xi's complexion was also poor, but she didn't pause, continuing to present the remaining evidence, "Just from the public account's posts, we can deduce that Wang Qiliang is enrolled in additional extracurricular classes at this international school. I've compiled the prices of these classes from the school's official website. Summing it up, the minimum annual expenditure for this child is around three hundred thousand yuan." She paused, "And this is not a complete estimate."