My new roommate walked in the room with her son Carter following her.

"Hey girl." She said sitting on her bed which was across from mine.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"Ma! Wa wa!" Carter said pointing at the water bottle on the night stand. Trish reached over and gave him some.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"One." She said.

"He's so cute!"

"Thank you." She giggled.

Trish was a dark skin, with a shoulder length weave. It was so cute. It was flipped in at the tips a little bit. She had a very curvy figure and pretty teeth. She was really pretty.

"So how you like it here?" She asked me.

I nodded my head, "It's nice. Nobody really speaks to me, but it's cool."

"Yeah these bitches is some haters. Don't pay them no mind. I don't fuck with them, that's why I had my own room."

"Well damn." I said.

Trish giggled, "But you seem cool, I like you."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"But what the fuck is up with you and my cousin?" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes and laughed too. I told her the whole story from beginning to end.

She shook her head, "If it's one thing I know about my cousin is he's a hoe. I've yet to meet a girlfriend of his. You the first. And he really does care about you. I can tell."

I did a fake smile, "I know he does. But he needs to have some boundaries."

She nodded her head, "Yeah. He could love yo ass to death, but at the end of the day he IS still a nigga."

I giggled, "I just needed to get away from him. I can't live off him forever, and I can't let him take advantage of me. That's why I came here."

"Girl I understand. I did the same thing. Except, his daddy didn't even know about him. We got into a HUGE fight 2 weeks before I found out, so I kept it to myself."

"Does he know now?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, he comes and gets him and helps me a lot. We're in a good space now."

"That's good."

Me and Trish talked and talked and talked until we ran out of words. She was really cool as fuck.
-
After our talk I took a shower, and flat ironed my hair. I had this tendency to get dressed up when I was feeling down. I don't know why, but when I look better, I feel better.

I walked in the room, "Trish, did I get all the-" my heart stopped when I seen Eli sitting on my bed. He smiled.

"Eli..what-"

He cut me off, "I'm just here to say sorry Jalissa." He stated.

I just stood there looking at him.

He continued, "It wasn't right to have you feeling like that. I was in the wrong. I know you came here to get away from me, so I'm going to give you your space. Just know you ALWAYS got a place at home baby."

I slightly smiled and stepped towards him, I wrapped my arms around him and lay my head on his chest. He hugged me back tightly.

"Thank you Eli." I smiled up at him.

"You're welcome." He said rubbing my lower back.

He searched around in his pockets and pulled out a some hundred dollars bills and handed them to me. I shook my head and pushed it back to him. I never felt comfortable taking his money.