✧25✧

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

*。⁠:゚⁠(Author's POV)゚⁠:⁠。*

All hell broken loose, the atmosphere in the mall was one of chaos and fear. Screeches of shattered glass and destroyed items along with screams of despair echoed through the halls as people rushed towards the exits, rushing to escape the riot unfolding before their eyes.

Security guards laid on the floor dead where they stood in the line of duty. Gunshots resonated through the air, as the sound of a massacre echoed through the mall.

"What's going on??"

"We must leave"

Hariss pulled Y/N’s hand, trying to guide her through the mob violence and out of the mall. It was absolute mayhem as crowds of people rushed this way and that, trying to escape the gunfire that echoed through the halls and flames were spreading everywhere.

"Rayzal! Where is he??"

"He uh... Somewhere! Don't worry about him, he's fine"

"WHAT?!"

The blondie gripped her hand tightly, maneuvering through the sea of people and trying to reach the main gate before it was too late.

On the other hand, Rayzal had one goal in mind: getting his mate to safety. He wasn't going to let anything or anyone stop him, even if that meant going toe to toe with the people in his way.

He knocked down several men who got in his way, fighting their way through the chaos and rampage. Rayzal pushed through the crowd with a grim determination, doing everything in his power to keep her safe.

However, her escape was interrupted by a sight that made her froze in her tracks. There in the midst of the havoc was the young brunette boy she had been longing to see for months.

He was standing solemnly with a heartbroken expression on his face as he watched his father lay on the ground, dead along with his wife in his arms as they was trying to shield him from the bullets.

Y/N couldn't believe what she was seeing, it's actually them. They have been here in the same mall this whole time and how did she never noticed?

"Y/N what are you-"

"Asher..."

The chaos around her dimmed with every passing moment, and the screams of the people fleeing the mall faded into a blurred rumble in the background.

Brown eyes were locked on the familiar young boy standing in the centre silently where others were running past, as if the violence happening around him meant nothing.

Her footsteps seemed to move on their own, leading her towards him as she ignored the call from the blondie who was being dragged by the crowd of people rushing out of the mall.

Y/N's blood ran cold as she heard a sharp click and turned her head to the source of the sudden noise. A middle aged man with a cane was holding a glock aiming his target at the young brunette.

Everything else around her seemed to be in slow motion, the voices become muffled and distant, cease existing as her entire attention was fixated on the scene before her.

It was as if time had come to a screening halt before she picks up her pace running with her hand extracted to her brother hoping to reach him in time.

Tears streaming down her face and blurring her vision slightly, the sound of her heart is the only thing she heard as it beats extremely fast threatening to burst out of her chest. Finally she had found her voice.